Lorex LNR280 NVR (Hikvision 7608NI/P) hangs on boot

fritzycat1

n3wb
Reaction score
I posted this over at the cctvform, and I thought I would re-post here to reach a broader audience (If I get an answer to my issue, I'll be sure to share it on both forums).

I'm hoping you all can help me with my Lorex LNR280 NVR (purchsed at Costco). It has been running fine for a couple of years now. I just went to review some video on it (I has probably been 2-3 months since I logged on to it) and found it was running sluggishly, and downloading video kept failing.

So, I decided to reboot it... and it never came back up!

It still powers on, and the PoE and uplink network lights flash. It then beeps once and the Lorex splash screen comes up. And that is where it hangs. It is not reachable on the network. I've tried disconnecting the hard drives and attaching a new one, but that made not difference.

It is using the original Lorex Firmware, but based on other posts on this forum, I shouldn't waste my time with Lorex support.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks!
-Fritz

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I posted this over at the cctvform, and I thought I would re-post here to reach a broader audience (If I get an answer to my issue, I'll be sure to share it on both forums).

I'm hoping you all can help me with my Lorex LNR280 NVR (purchsed at Costco). It has been running fine for a couple of years now. I just went to review some video on it (I has probably been 2-3 months since I logged on to it) and found it was running sluggishly, and downloading video kept failing.

So, I decided to reboot it... and it never came back up!

It still powers on, and the PoE and uplink network lights flash. It then beeps once and the Lorex splash screen comes up. And that is where it hangs. It is not reachable on the network. I've tried disconnecting the hard drives and attaching a new one, but that made not difference.

It is using the original Lorex Firmware, but based on other posts on this forum, I shouldn't waste my time with Lorex support.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks!
-Fritz
Welcome to the forum! Remember that since you purchased at costco you have a lifetime return policy...simply bring the cams and nvr back and buy a new system.

fritzycat1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman! I no longer have the complete system. I sold the 2 Dome cameras the system came with on eBay and bought a few new bullets.. Will they give a partial refund for a partial system return?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman! I no longer have the complete system. I sold the 2 Dome cameras the system came with on eBay and bought a few new bullets.. Will they give a partial refund for a partial system return?
I doubt it...it may still be under warranrt though...you can also check with your credit card..the good ones extend the warranty up to one year after the manufactures. (there is a limit as to total years but may vary by card). You might also try calling lorex and see what they say..

fritzycat1

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again - I'll check the warranty. I found the receipt and I purchased it May 30, 2013... so fingers crossed for a 3-year warranty (or 2+credit card) :D

If I'm out of luck on the warranty or with Lorex support - does anyone have suggestions for a replacement?

Have there been any major improvements or new players in the field in the past 3 years?
Should I stick with the Hivision/Lorex systems, or go with something else? I always found the IVMS-4200 software for the Hikvision/Lorex system to be kinda clunky to use and crashed a lot. I'm also considering a DIY build of a Milestone X-Protect Go system...