Lorex LNB8963B is this a LPR?

engbr

n3wb
Reaction score
I’ll unplug and re-plug it back and see what happens. Tho I did notice when it declined my password it showed a different s/n then the one on the NVR.
I’ll unplug and re-plug it back and see what happens. Tho I did notice when it declined my password it showed a different s/n then the one on the NVR.
@wittaj this is what I have after opening up the camera parameter. Is this it, it doesn’t show 2000 or 4000

Attachments

engbr

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera I suggested will get you the plates. Many of us use the Z12E. And with the Z12E having way more zoom than your current camera, you could probably angle it further down the street to get a more straight on shot (unless there are trees blocking LOL).

NEVER make a setting for a camera in the NVR. You need to do it in the camera. Try this and see if you get access to more stuff. Your screen will look a little different since this is a a Dahua NVR, but Lorex is made by Dahua so it basically looks similar.

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

View attachment 149187
This what I had for setting and I was still unable to read the plate. I tried 2000 and 4000 during the day and still not readable. Thoughts ?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This what I had for setting and I was still unable to read the plate. I tried 2000 and 4000 during the day and still not readable. Thoughts ?
Like I said, you were right on the edge of being too far away with that camera.

Have you zoomed it optically in as tight as it will go?

Under shutter you need to switch it to manual priority - at shutter priority, it could crank the gain up to 100 and mess up the image.

Post some of your captures day and night so we can see what is going on.

engbr

n3wb
Reaction score
Like I said, you were right on the edge of being too far away with that camera.

Have you zoomed it optically in as tight as it will go?

Under shutter you need to switch it to manual priority - at shutter priority, it could crank the gain up to 100 and mess up the image.

Post some of your captures day and night so we can see what is going on.
I zoomed it as far as I could go! Here’s an image! I’ll try the manual priority!

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that the whole field of view? Did you rotate the camera? What is the distance from camera to plate?

That should be able to get most day plates and a lot of night plates.

What are the other parameters at (gain, brightness, etc.).

If you stop a car in that location and focus in on the plate, does it improve? We have found that for plates it is best to stop a vehicle in the center of the frame and manually set the focus for the plate. Without the vehicle there, it could be focusing on something far in the background thus making the plate unreadable.

engbr

n3wb
Reaction score
Is that the whole field of view? Did you rotate the camera? What is the distance from camera to plate?

That should be able to get most day plates and a lot of night plates.

What are the other parameters at (gain, brightness, etc.).

If you stop a car in that location and focus in on the plate, does it improve? We have found that for plates it is best to stop a vehicle in the center of the frame and manually set the focus for the plate. Without the vehicle there, it could be focusing on something far in the background thus making the plate unreadable.
That’s the whole view at full zoom. Rotate camera? Distance is approx 35-40ft? Here are the settings/parameter, maybe it’s just my camera.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that distance is right at the verge with that focal length.

Try 8192 bitrate and CBR.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the camera GUI it would be in the video tab (image from wiki).

1672875444854.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK let's see if that helps. But you will probably need to go with the Z12E

engbr

n3wb
Reaction score
Unless you have done something out of the ordinary, the password for the camera should be the same as the NVR.

What usually happens is someone plugs a camera into the NVR POE port and the NVR assigns it an IP address and makes the user/password the same as the NVR.
Hi wittaj, I ended up returning my LOREX NVR, what would you recommend for an NVR that’s comparable with the camera you recommended, nothing too expensive..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The best bet would be the Dahua OEM 5xxx series. If you don't need the bells and whistles then the 4xxxx series.

The big thing to look at though is the bandwidth. The cheaper NVRs like Lorex and Amcrest limit the bandwidth to 80-88Mbps which can disappear quickly with higher MP cams.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

engbr

n3wb
Reaction score
The best bet would be the Dahua OEM 5xxx series. If you don't need the bells and whistles then the 4xxxx series.

The big thing to look at though is the bandwidth. The cheaper NVRs like Lorex and Amcrest limit the bandwidth to 80-88Mbps which can disappear quickly with higher MP cams.
it all depends on what bells and whistles you are referring to.. I dont need to record each plate individually, I can manually search and zoom in on what vehicle I need to search for if there's ever an incident. Huge price difference too!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.