Lorex LNB8105X Talk audio

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Somethings stupid but you should check what UDP ports you're using and make sure either your vlan's, router, firewall is allowing all required ports to talk. Windows firewall loves to block things. Thats why I prefer linux or Mac for everything if possible.

Feel free to send me screenshots of all your configs and all see if something jumps out at me. User terminal or cmd prompt if windows to make sure your ports are actual open on camera and BI server for require UDP ports.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Somethings stupid but you should check what UDP ports you're using and make sure either your vlan's, router, firewall is allowing all required ports to talk. Windows firewall loves to block things. Thats why I prefer linux or Mac for everything if possible.

Feel free to send me screenshots of all your configs and all see if something jumps out at me. User terminal or cmd prompt if windows to make sure your ports are actual open on camera and BI server for require UDP ports.
I disabled firewalls and even tested directly connected to the pc via poe switch eliminating the router. I have no issues with other dahua cameras using an amp and speaker. tinycam works as well. Strange.

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Weird. Mine didn't work until I had made the changes in camera GUI also to enable them also. I think I had to change the UDP port on the camera also. Does Dahua have a phone app you can use to test camera / mic functionality on that model. Did you verify the outbound port BI is using is the same as the camera. Not sure if you've ever used WireShark but you could set it up to capture. Depending upon how advanced your network is or isn't it'll change how you capture stuff. I use wireshark alot at work to find out what's really happening between devices. CaptureSetup/Ethernet - The Wireshark Wiki

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Weird. Mine didn't work until I had made the changes in camera GUI also to enable them also. I think I had to change the UDP port on the camera also. Does Dahua have a phone app you can use to test camera / mic functionality on that model. Did you verify the outbound port BI is using is the same as the camera. Not sure if you've ever used WireShark but you could set it up to capture. Depending upon how advanced your network is or isn't it'll change how you capture stuff. I use wireshark alot at work to find out what's really happening between devices. CaptureSetup/Ethernet - The Wireshark Wiki
Blue iris does not use the UDP ports in the camera settings. It is strictly http and rtsp ports. The talk works both using the dahua app as well as tinycam.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@ryan99alero see attached wireshark capture. There is an attempt to send audio over http. For some reason its denied as unauthorized. The camera is 109, pc 36.

Attachments

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sometimes an unauthorized is normal as some systems check to see if first its just open then latter you'll see a challenge request. If you want me to parse the wireshark and aren't wanting any of its info public I'll need you to send it to me. Send it via a PM or if it won't allow PM me that and I'll send you my email. If BI has detailed logs send those along as well along with the Camera's logs also.

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd be going over the Camera GUI with a fine tooth comb to make sure there isn't a setting that needs enabled. Do you have multiple users on the camera? One for admin and one for the feed or just one? Only ask if 2 you can always try the super admin to see if it works then figure out permission issue from there. If 2 try disabling passwords all together then if that works try a less complicated password to make sure its not a special character support issue. Sometimes certain characters don't get escaped right in code.