Lorex e896ab

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello

I just bought a kit containing e896ab cameras which I will use to replace old lorex cameras used only inside as a have better cameras outside. I cannot seem to get these to show a picture on my Dahua NVR at all, user name and passwords are correct but where picture should be shown it just shows login screen and even if you give details, nothing happens, also tried using gDMSS. Just showing wrong username / password which it's not as triple checked.

Any ideas or are Lorex now stopping you using cams on non Lorex boxes ?, I have tried Onvif and everything.

Thank you

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also, if anyone knows Dahua model no, I will just buy these as won't have restrictions Lorex gives.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some of the Lorex units were "proprietary" systems. I am not sure if that was one of them, but since you are having trouble, it probably is. Plus the fine print says: "Compatible with select Lorex Network Video Recorders"

Looking at it, it probably is one of their proprietary systems. Dahua didn't make any 8MP on the 1/2.8" sensor that looked like that, so there probably isn't a comparable model.

Also keep in mind that Dahua sold Lorex in November 2022, so at some point the existing inventory will be gone and moving forward the cameras will be non-Dahua and made by Skywatch

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thankyou Wittaj

I eventually found the issue, theirs a bug with regard to passwords.

If you change the password using the web interface I.e by by going directly to its IP, you can change to complex passwords etc and you can log back out and back in with no issues to that web interface. If you however change the password to anything complex I.e any numbers or special characters although you can sign into the web interface, you cannot sign in from the NVR or CCTV apps etc as it says, wrong password. It's not the NVR as I have other cameras with the same passwords, so it's a bug of the camera. I will report to Lorex and let them investigate. I did not know Lorex was sold, that is very useful information. Thank you