Lorex B451AJD-E / Armcrest AD410 Lens Replacement

popz3210

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I might be able to find a replacement lens for my Lorex B451AJD-E doorbell camera? I’ve had it for just over a year so it’s out of warranty, Lorex won’t give out any details about components. I’ve dissembled the camera and looked at the lens closely, it appears spidered on the inside. This happened on a super hot day where it changed over to wind and heavy rain really fast. My theory is that the wind driven rain hit the lens and the temperature change cracked the lens internally. It’s a shame to toss a $150 camera for a $5 part.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know where I might be able to find a replacement lens for my Lorex B451AJD-E doorbell camera? I’ve had it for just over a year so it’s out of warranty, Lorex won’t give out any details about components. I’ve dissembled the camera and looked at the lens closely, it appears spidered on the inside. This happened on a super hot day where it changed over to wind and heavy rain really fast. My theory is that the wind driven rain hit the lens and the temperature change cracked the lens internally. It’s a shame to toss a $150 camera for a $5 part.
Well that's good to know since I have that same doorbell camera. Unfortunately I don't think Lorex has a process in place to sell individual replacement parts simply because for one, they aren't the true manufacturer, and two, they sell consumer electronics that are considered non-serviceable by end users. My original Lorex doorbell camera went bad and I had to fight with tech support for over a week to get it replaced under warranty, which they eventually did replace it, but they wasted more $$ in man hours going back & forth with me via phone calls & emails than it cost them to just send me a new unit.