Looking for IPC-HFW4231S video or opinions?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing get a IPC-HFW4231S.
Would anyone have some day/night video samples preferably with moving objects or people to see the quality?
Any comments on this camera quality if you have had one for a while?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing get a IPC-HFW4231S.
Would anyone have some day/night video samples preferably with moving objects or people to see the quality?
Any comments on this camera quality if you have had one for a while?
as i mentioned in the other thread...dont try and save a few bux...dont buy a bullet...buy a turret cam...set a fixed starlight if the varifocal is too expensive. it will add sd storage and audio as well.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the 5321z turrets already in other locations.
I'm looking for 1 small bullet style camera though for specific close area monitoring use I will have near ground level and need something small to look somewhat similar to my landscape lighting to blend in a bit and a mini bullet with the sun shield fits that well.
Otherwise I agree the turrets are the preferred option.
Not necessarily looking for cheap. Andy suggested this model because it met my size requirements and had the same "starlight" 1/2.8 sensor as the 5321 turrets but I know that still may not be apples to apples just because of the sensor, so I am hoping it would give decent quality but just looking for actual opinions from any owners.
Not much info on this camera's quality other than a couple posts I found of connection issues that appear to be a user error issue.
I am open to any other recommendation options for a similar design as needed for this specific setup.

Roman G

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello. Despite having much in common, there is a difference:5231/4231:

Max. Aperture: F1.4/F2.0 (F1.4 much better optic's light bandwith)
IR Distance: 50/30 meters (if it matters)

Also IPC-HFW4231S has no alarm, SD and audio.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks
I assumed differences which is why I am looking for any video samples from someone who has this small bullet camera.
Guess it is not all that popular.

I just need a recommendation for a small bullet style with decent image quality day\night. An alarm I/O would be nice for future use but not necessary.