Looking for High quality Wired PIR motion sensor

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry I tried searching forum, I still got holes in my sheet rock, so wiring up several for yet to be gotten alarm system is the project.

Models?

Thanks in advance.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't bother with pir's go with dual tech sensors they are more stable and accurate. CK or Pyronix are good brands bosch are big and ugly, the best external devices are Redwall but they will cost you a lot, unfortunately for people living in the US you are years behind the UK for small reliable detection devices.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for input.

Hey speaking of big, you gonna be "looking" at the Americans in London today. Maybe Blair and Bush will be sitting next to each other, going over their apologies.

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry I tried searching forum, I still got holes in my sheet rock, so wiring up several for yet to be gotten alarm system is the project.

Models?

Thanks in advance.
Honeywell, they are so basic. Works easily for NC or NO and easily adjusted for sensitivity. Cheap...

dualT

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't bother with pir's go with dual tech sensors they are more stable and accurate. CK or Pyronix are good brands bosch are big and ugly, the best external devices are Redwall but they will cost you a lot, unfortunately for people living in the US you are years behind the UK for small reliable detection devices.

Hi,

Do any of these dual tech sensors work with a portable receiver / alarm device, not via a control panel? I want to fix the sensor unit on an outside wall of my house (in the UK) and place the portable receiver / alarm unit in the room I'm sitting / working in.

I couldn't find anything like this on the Honeywell, Pyronix, and Optex websites, do you know who supplies them? Ideally the sensor and receiver / alarm units would be battery-powered, or plugged into a nearby mains socket, not linked to a control panel.

Thanks in advance for any information.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, they are wired devices. But you could always buy a wireless system kit like a Texecom

zmx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
error

Last edited by a moderator:

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Optex sells PIRs that have an Inovonics transmitter built into them, HX-40RAMI or HX-80NRAMI. They also sell the receiver, EN4216MR