Looking for help selecting security indoor camera to use ith BI

sdennis

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a small business in the US and am installing cameras for security as well as to capture what is happening in the business. I purchased several Reolink RLC-820A for use around the outside and inside. I am finding that on the inside, I am finding that their field of view isn't as wide as I would like given that the areas they are in are small. I like the 4K aspect and the fact that they can produce a substream and work great with BI. I need IR, POE, Voice recording and 4K for my cameras. Other than a fisheye camera (which is kind of pricey, but maybe the only option for some tight rooms) can some of the folks on this forum help me try out other cameras that might be better options?

Thank you.

Steve

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know if this helps, but I'm using 4 of these fisheye's. The audio comes through into BI with the Built in Mic.
1 is an Amcrest the other 3 are Dahua/Loryta. These are low resolution email alerts.

1636952356032.pngScreenshot 2021-11-14 225957.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Why not use a “regular” camera for those settings? I couldn’t stand to look at that odd view. Was it a space thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, shame on whoever designed that Lens Options graphic. The angles used in the illustration are far wider than the stated angles. Case in point, the 3.6mm illustration is about 100° while it says 69.9° just above it.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
We can see that the ID ranges are pretty much on the money though. The extreme left vertical blue line is, apparently, 5 meters and the next one is 10 meters by extrapolation. That follows the DORI chart pretty accurately.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
@mikeynags[/USER] They are discreet. look like smoke detectors. I don't want bullets/turrets hanging off of Sheet rock, too easy to rip down. I'm covering 6 points of traffic with one lens. The elevator, the trash chute, the central stairwell, the laundry room, and both corridors. We had laundry theft issue, and a Nasty Gram Bulletin Board issue ( both in laundry room.)
The primary thing I care about is active deterrence. Once these hallways cams went up along with the laundry cams, the bullshit in the laundry rooms stopped. Like with in 24-48 hours. Plus when Joe dumbass clogs the compactor, I can see who did it.
This camera is watching the laundry room camera's in a sense. If you screw with laundry, or Bulletin boards I have 2 views of you going in there.
Pushing cameras down the corridors would have meant LeGrand Surface conduits, expensive and a bitch to run any long length. The Home owners Association didn't think we needed to go there. and some of the residents started feeling over surveilled.
9CFC420F-06FC-4130-8908-7FA9893E1BF5.jpeg

Last edited: