looking for cheapest varifocal cam with audio

zxcc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap cam (3-4MP, preferably bullet cams) with varifocal motorized lens (e.g. 2.7mm ~13.5mm) + audio (built-in mic or/and external source w/ AAC compression). I've searched on dahua's website, but they only sell newer cameras which are over $100. There's a few cheap cams on ebay and aliexpress but there's inconsistency in the tech specifications. I've only found the IPC-HFW4433F-ZSA whose -ZSA suffix would suggest that it has both features + SD card support. Where can I find a user manual for it?
And what about the PC-HFW4431R-Z? Does anyone know if it has audio input?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IIRC, the 4433s are models built for the Chinese consumer market, so everything for them (including the firmware) is in Chinese only. This is probably why you can't find a user manual for it.

Usually the ones for sale on eBay/Ali have firmware hacked to have English prompts, which makes upgrading it (and keeping English) impossible.

I've never seen where anyone on the forum here has posted that they own one of these, but hopefully someone with more info for you chimes in!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap cam (3-4MP, preferably bullet cams) with varifocal motorized lens (e.g. 2.7mm ~13.5mm) + audio (built-in mic or/and external source w/ AAC compression). I've searched on dahua's website, but they only sell newer cameras which are over $100. There's a few cheap cams on ebay and aliexpress but there's inconsistency in the tech specifications. I've only found the IPC-HFW4433F-ZSA whose -ZSA suffix would suggest that it has both features + SD card support. Where can I find a user manual for it?
And what about the PC-HFW4431R-Z? Does anyone know if it has audio input?
seems guys here mostly use HFW4431R-Z, as @aristobrat said, these cams can't be updated and even a reset may make the cam back to Chinese. But quality is much better than most SMAll brand's cams on amazon, lol.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The IPC-4431R-Z does not have audio. I'm not aware of any Dahua camera-specifc manuals, just the generic ones that cover all of the IP cameras. I've never seen zoom and audio together for under $100.