Looking for a replacement camera that died Foscam FI9828W

Reaction score
And no domes for outside due to glare issues. Bullets or turrets.
When we were dealing with the neighbors from hell during the night if we used the IR, they could see were the cam was pointed and would try to stay out of the view of the camera. Although at times it was either amusing or funny (if they tripped/fell). So we stopped using the IR and would change the color setting; sharpness, contrast, saturation, brightness. Provided there is enough light, this works and its in color. The other night I turn on the IR and saw what people were talking about. When the cams were new it looked fine, not much glare, but after a year plus of the sun beating down on it, there is glare. This camera is in the sun all day. The other cam gets a break from the sun and has more outside light, no glare and still looks perfect.

I do have a question about color of the camera. My understanding is that ideally you want your outdoor cameras to be white. I've seen some cameras that are black example https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-dahua-DH-SD29204S-GN-IP-2MP-Mic-built-in-Network-Mini-PTZ-Dome-4x-optical/32667686587.html Would this camera over heat in the sun? Some of the locations I'm planning to put or replace a camera, the cameras will be in the sun all day. I'm not sure if this camera is an indoor or outdoor camera. How do you tell? I'm guessing something in the model number would tell you, but I haven't figured that out yet.

Thanks in advance

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Aliexpress uses an old hold over on their site from the analog camera days to allow people to select lens length when ordering IP cameras. The horizontal resolution buttons actually have nothing to do with resolution. They may as well label them a b or c for different choices but that just happened to be built into their site so they keep using it for a different purpose. Saves them a few dollars for redesigning the website.
Redesigning the database also I would imagine. Read down the listing carefully and you may see a key with verbiage something like "480 lines = 2.8mm, 600 lines = 6mm, 700 lines = 8mm".