Looking for a new graphics card for codeproject AI

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to codeproject AI and I'm almost nothing but getting errors and crummy performace. My graphics card is old and I'm looking to upgrade. Any suggestions of a good card that's not super expensive? I have a GeForce GT 730.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@pbradley0gmail-com A more recent GTX card than your current card should be good.

You can read the other CodeProject.AI threads to see what others are using.

I am using a half-height GTX 1650 because my PC is a SFF (small form factor) and power supply is not big. I am getting satisfactory performance (<100ms) out of my 1650 for the models that I am using.

AI logs.png

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
That would be nice. And if you can find the things.
Oh, they're around but at scalper prices! Push comes to shove, I'd pay the scalper price. Still cheaper to buy and operate than a decent graphics card. But, again, hoping there's more supply by the end of the year.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
True. Should have said if you can find them other than at a 5X price. There are some on Amazon, ebay, etc., if you want it that bad.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Not that bad and not yet. I'm going to look into a waiting list. Not in a hurry as the move to BI will be later this year at the earliest. Trying to keep electrical use down and these fit the bill.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think Coral is supported yet with CodeProject? And given all the issues with the Nvidia I don't see Coral support coming along anytime soon?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, saw those. I could have one tomorrow if I wanted to pay that much. Better price than they were at least. I'll wait for a while longer. As you say, no pressing need right now.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think Coral is supported yet with CodeProject? And given all the issues with the Nvidia I don't see Coral support coming along anytime soon?
They're working on it, they say. Frigate NVR and at least one other NVR software (Shinobi?) supports Coral so it's just a matter of getting there.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I know they say they are working on it, but have you been following all the issues people are having now with CodeProject with currently supported Nvidia graphics cards? They probably need to get those ironed out first. And it appears the developers have either disappeared LOL or are working so hard on it that they have been silent. We may see yet another AI engine develop LOL. Supposedly that was the reason BI dropped Deepstack because they kinda went silent and didn't respond fast enough.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Haven't really followed this stuff until recently. Someone will always bring something new, and better, forward. I have faith!

I'm sure the burnout rate for open source AI engines is extremely high! lol

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Haven't really followed this stuff until recently. Someone will always bring something new, and better, forward. I have faith!

I'm sure the burnout rate for open source AI engines is extremely high! lol
Yep, there are a lot of demanding people for what is essentially a grassroot-hobbyist type application.

Deepstack and CodeProject are free, so if I created it I could see at some point abandoning supporting it if it meets my needs LOL. There are daily posts of issues with it and at some point when not getting paid to debug it, they just quit someday.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
[ETA: Mmm... maybe not. Says 0 next to stock now that I look at it again. I'll leave the post below but not sure about it.]

Look here. Says in stock and reasonable prices:

blaskovicz

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently upgraded to codeproject AI and I'm almost nothing but getting errors and crummy performace. My graphics card is old and I'm looking to upgrade. Any suggestions of a good card that's not super expensive? I have a GeForce GT 730.
What card did you end up getting?

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
GTX1080ti is still pretty high in the rankings, despite being about ten years old. Mine was an MSI brand. Used for video editing for many years, it is now handling 7 hd cameras through OBS and live streaming a church service every Sunday.