Looking for a couple turret cameras.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Need a camera to take care of the front of a building and one for the back of the building.

The front has a pole light that throws light around 50 ft.
The rear has Led lights that look light a landing strip is back there.

Want something that has AI so it can track activity in that zone. I was going to just grab a few older models of Amcrest and flash Dahua firmware,but figured
I would just get ones that have AI already built in....unless getting an older camera and flashing it would be a better choice.

I've looked at the Amcrest IP8M-T2669EW-AI,but wanted to get suggestions first.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Flashing on some Amcrest may have come to an end....I read that somewhere on the forum in the last month....
Like if you buy 1179ew's and the firmware is above a certain number....then it apparently is not flashable to Dahua...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Need a camera to take care of the front of a building and one for the back of the building.

The front has a pole light that throws light around 50 ft.
The rear has Led lights that look light a landing strip is back there.

Want something that has AI so it can track activity in that zone. I was going to just grab a few older models of Amcrest and flash Dahua firmware,but figured
I would just get ones that have AI already built in....unless getting an older camera and flashing it would be a better choice.

I've looked at the Amcrest IP8M-T2669EW-AI,but wanted to get suggestions first.
HI @Scooby7274

Do you need the camera to do low light image capture well?

Amcrest IP8M-T2669EW-AI

1670561994188.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking at that one.
Yes, that is the model you mentioned ... hint I have highlighted a key part in the screen capture ..

SO are you looking for the ability of the Camera to do low light image capture?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, that is the model you mentioned ... hint I have highlighted a key part in the screen capture ..

SO are you looking for the ability of the Camera to do low light image capture?
Just saw that, my bad. The rear will have light everywhere, the front would probably benefit though. What ya thinking?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just saw that, my bad. The rear will have light everywhere, the front would probably benefit though. What ya thinking?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Personally, I will avoid 8MP cameras which have smaller sensors .. 1/2.8" ( 1/2.7" or 1/2.9" also ) is small in my book for a 8MP ..

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on not going with 4K on a 1/2.8" sensor. At night you would be better off with a 2MP.

Wait until next week and buy from @EMPIRETECANDY sale where these will be cheaper.

Either the 5442 series that is 4MP on the much larger 1/1.8" sensor:

Or the 2MP on the same size sensor as that 4K Amcrest...this one is a varifocal so you would be able to optically zoom it to the area of interest:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.