Looking for a cable organizer when coming out of Sheetrock.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Such a solution does not "bind" the cables together. My personal favorite is using, every 20cm, straps like this:

Easy to install, easy to remove, looks fancy and cheap!
Good luck!
CC

Baja

n3wb
Reaction score
+1 for velcro straps.

You can also use regular zip ties or mounting zip ties (the ones with a hole at the end for a screw). Both are cheap and can be cut and replaced easily. Just be sure not to overtightened them - snug cables not squished.

There is an installer on YouTube called "FiberNinja" that rehabs telco closets and data centers. Here is one of his videos where he uses zip ties to shape and organize some cables:

Reaction score
I'd say.... option 1: enclosed wall mounted network cabinet with 2" or 3" conduit from network cabinet to ceiling material (drywall or wood). Being 12 cables, 2" should do it. You always want to have extra space incase of future pulls through the conduit.

option 2: again, 2" conduit coming down from ceiling and ending near the top of a wall mounted network rack.

option 3: drywall screws & velcro to hold bundle of cables against the wall in a organized fashion. For day to day operations, we use velcro 90% of the time and use plastic tie-wraps 10% of the time.

option 1 & 2 only applies if coming out of ceiling with the cables being run vertically. If coming out of a side wall (never did like this way as creates issues down the road if adding more cables), as folks mentioned above your only option is velcro. Do leave some slack somewhere (service loop or make a elongated turn to give you some slack incase of future equipment moves). They do make 1U wire managers with large holes in the backside to bring patch cords / station cables in from the backside instead of coming around the sides.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I got tired of wasted space on my desk, one regular 24 port switch and a 16 port PoE switch (soon to be 2-16 port PoE) and the octopus of cable coming out of a faceplate behind the desk. So I'm making some rack mount brackets to go under a shelf above the desk and will be using this for cable routing along with velcro straps to keep it "tidy" at the switches.

The thing that bugs me is having to buy a seven foot piece of this when I only need about two and a half feet. Well, maybe five feet to handle the extra CAT cables from more cameras being added.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I got tired of wasted space on my desk, one regular 24 port switch and a 16 port PoE switch (soon to be 2-16 port PoE) and the octopus of cable coming out of a faceplate behind the desk. So I'm making some rack mount brackets to go under a shelf above the desk and will be using this for cable routing along with velcro straps to keep it "tidy" at the switches.

The thing that bugs me is having to buy a seven foot piece of this when I only need about two and a half feet. Well, maybe five feet to handle the extra CAT cables from more cameras being added.
can use the extra long piece to hide power cables or HDMI cables elsewhere in the house!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score