Logitech alert 750e IP cameras not recording since lasts BI update

Reaction score
Since the last update of the BI software on my PC (updated yesterday to 4.4.0.0 x64, on a windows 7 machine), there is a problem with my 5 Logitech alert 750e IP cameras recording on motion. The video and audio streams to the webserver and iPhone app are normal but nothing gets recorded. I can hit manual record and that works.

I have a Foscam camera that records fine on motion, just seems to be the Logitech Alerts Cams.

Prior to the latest BI PC update, everything was working great.

Thanks in advance,

-Bill

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up...I have one Logitech Alert camera remaining in my setup....I haven't installed the new update, but I'd notify the developer about your situation.

Reaction score
Update: I ran version 3.66.00 as a test and all the Logitech cams worked normally. Definitely seems to be an issue with version 4.4.0...Tried emailing Ken and all my emails came back rejected....

Reaction score
My provider is Comcast. I will try to reach him using another email address. Thank you.

Reaction score
Update: I sent emails to Ken from my yahoo account and they did not bounce back, though I have not received a reply from him yet. In the meantime, I rolled back BlueIris to version 4.3.9.3 and everything works fine now. Definitely seems to be an issue with the 4.4.0.0 version.

plomaris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have two Logitech Alert cameras myself, so I'll wait to update until issue resolved. I'm on 4.3.9.6 x64 and it works fine. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Netgo

n3wb
Reaction score
Any update on this? I have a same situation...

How can I download 4.3.9.6?

ticines

n3wb
Reaction score
i tried 4.4.2.0, but the issue persist :-(
return to 4.3.9.5 ( now alerts ok)
Any updates ?

thanks

Netgo

n3wb
Reaction score
Contacted support and Ken, both replied.

Ken wants to test and fix it. He wants exported setup file and vbr file which includes undetected scene so he can fix.

I am using 3.9 now and everything is fine.

I did not send files to Ken yet. I am very busy now a days. I can send them next week. But can someone send them earlier? We need to send them for Ken to fix.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ken is support... there is no other support for blue iris unless you mean Amcrest/foscam who are clueless and more importantly can't do anything as they don't develop blue iris...

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm on 4.4.2.0 using Simple rather than Gaussian. About 2 weeks ago I installed a spare Logitech Alert 700n on my system and noticed I wasn't getting motion detection either...the camera is inside a window facing outside, so I figured maybe glare or something related to the glass was the problem, then I remembered this thread....what is weird is I have an old Logitech Alert 700n in my garage (so I can verify that I closed the garage door), and I've not had any motion detection problems with that one. Here's what I had to do with the recent install:

What I ended up having to do was set the min object size all the way down to the smallest setting AND bring contrast almost all the way down as well...even then, motion detection was iffy. Next, I changed the Make time to .3 secs and the Break time to 3 secs. Finally, I set object detection to only trigger when object travels (pixels) = 50 and Reset detector when Object size exceeds: 67. Now all is working well.....at least as well as this crappy camera can manage.