Logitech Alert 700e -Failing Power Adapters

Reaction score
I have several of the outdoor Logitech Alert 700e cameras and the power adapters are now starting to fail. The replacement adapters are extremely pricey. Does anyone have any other option that they can recommend?
Thanks in advance.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They'll run on poe so you don't need to use their adapters. However if you want to keep the powerline part, you would need another device. Gets sort of clunky then.

Sell them on EBAY and see @looney2ns link.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Keith L.

n3wb
Reaction score
Realize this thread is over two years old now, but for the possible benefit of other Logitech Alert owners who come across it, I wanted to post here that I just easily and inexpensively replaced a failing 700e power adapter with a $9 iCreatin Wall Plug 48w POE (Power Over Ethernet) injector and a TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter, which sell as a pair for just $29.

There was no configuration required, literally plug and play straight out of the boxes, and Alert Commander immediately found and connected the camera just as before with the original power supply.

Kudos to Logitech for using reliable hardware standards in these cameras.

As for why we bother to keep our Alert cameras in this era of smart, HD WiFi IP cams: Logitech Alert zone-based motion detection is free, the Windows app is one of the most user-friendly interfaces for residential surveillance (I find BlueIris unnecessarily technical, fwiw), the local camera SD to PC video download works seamlessly, and the Alert mobile app still works pretty well on both Android and iOS for live viewing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dingoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Keith,

What are you doing in late 2020 when Adobe Flash has ended for all browsers. At this point, the Windows Logitech Alert Commander application will no longer work, I think that Blue Iris even. So we have to buy new cameras !! ???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Keith,

What are you doing in late 2020 when Adobe Flash has ended for all browsers. At this point, the Windows Logitech Alert Commander application will no longer work, I think that Blue Iris even. So we have to buy new cameras !! ???
Blue iris works great in 2020. Version 5 was released in last year and was updated a few days ago. You seem to be surprised that you might have to replace a system that was released in 2010!!! Its junk by current standards.

Dingoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue iris works great in 2020. Version 5 was released in last year and was updated a few days ago. You seem to be surprised that you might have to replace a system that was released in 2010!!! Its junk by current standards.
Blue Iris will work fine in 2020, OK, but what will happen to the Logitech warning cameras in 2021 if Adobe Flash can no longer be used, Blue Iris will be able to see them, without Adobe Flash ???

Dingoo

n3wb
Reaction score
The system is indeed 10 years old but it works flawlessly and the system was very expensive so I don't need new cameras just a fix for that flash issue at the end of 2020.

NCHiker

n3wb
Reaction score
Realize this thread is over two years old now, but for the possible benefit of other Logitech Alert owners who come across it, I wanted to post here that I just easily and inexpensively replaced a failing 700e power adapter with a $9 iCreatin Wall Plug 48w POE (Power Over Ethernet) injector and a TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter, which sell as a pair for just $29.

There was no configuration required, literally plug and play straight out of the boxes, and Alert Commander immediately found and connected the camera just as before with the original power supply.

As for why we bother to keep our Alert cameras in this era of smart, HD WiFi IP cams: Logitech Alert zone-based motion detection is free, the Windows app is one of the most user-friendly interfaces for residential surveillance (I find BlueIris unnecessarily technical, fwiw), the local camera SD to PC video download works seamlessly, and the Alert mobile app still works pretty well on both Android and iOS for live viewing.

Hi Keith,

Thank you very much for your post – these Logitech cameras were expensive and work great in the house we moved into a couple of years ago, so why ditch them just because there’s new tech out there?

The iCreatin Wall Plug POE Injector from Amazon worked perfectly to replace the failed power unit. And since had a nearby router connection I needed nothing else besides the $12 iCreatin! All software and a netscanner see it just fine.

That $12 iCreatin unit is a heck of a lot better than spending $200 for an obsolete Logitech power unit!

Thanks for your help.

NCHiker

Last edited:

CameraNube

n3wb
Reaction score

New to this game, but also moved into a home with two Alert 700es installed. I just ordered the iCreatin Wall Plug, but the camera will be plugged in right next to the router, so I think I can skip the TP-Link AV600 Powerline, is that correct?
Any other pointers on how to complete this set up? I was planning on using the free iVideon software, any familiarity with that?
A bear or neighbor keeps pooping on my front lawn, and I need to catch this bugger!

Any guidance is much appreciated!

NCHiker

n3wb
Reaction score
New to this game, but also moved into a home with two Alert 700es installed. I just ordered the iCreatin Wall Plug, but the camera will be plugged in right next to the router, so I think I can skip the TP-Link AV600 Powerline, is that correct?
Any other pointers on how to complete this set up? I was planning on using the free iVideon software, any familiarity with that?
A bear or neighbor keeps pooping on my front lawn, and I need to catch this bugger!

Any guidance is much appreciated!
CameraNube:
You can't just plug the camera directly into a regular router. The iCreatin Wall Plug (or the original Logitech wall plug) provides DC power to the camera! It then "filters out" the digital video signal from the camera to feed it to a router so the camera signal can be found by whatever system is looking to find the camera.

However, you can plug the output of the iCreatin Wall Plug, for example, into any Ethernet switch which then eventually is connected to the router. In my set up, the iCreatin Wall Plug output goes into an 8-port gigabit switch which eventually feeds into the main router at the other end of the house. Works perfectly.

Hope this helps!!

NCHiker

CameraNube

n3wb
Reaction score
CameraNube:

However, you can plug the output of the iCreatin Wall Plug, for example, into any Ethernet switch which then eventually is connected to the router. In my set up, the iCreatin Wall Plug output goes into an 8-port gigabit switch which eventually feeds into the main router at the other end of the house. Works perfectly.

NCHiker
OK. Would this do the trick:
TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch (TL-SG105) - Ethernet Splitter | Plug & Play | Fanless | Sturdy Metal w/ Shielded Ports

Camera -> iCreatin -> TPLink ->Router?
From there can be picked up on camera management software, Blue Iris or similar? Is there a preferred free option, or is that a dream?

NCHiker

n3wb
Reaction score
OK. Would this do the trick:
TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch (TL-SG105) - Ethernet Splitter | Plug & Play | Fanless | Sturdy Metal w/ Shielded Ports

Camera -> iCreatin -> TPLink ->Router?
From there can be picked up on camera management software, Blue Iris or similar? Is there a preferred free option, or is that a dream?
CameraNube:
That should work just fine. My switch is "D-Link Ethernet Switch, 8-Port Gigabit Plug n Play Compact Design Fanless Desktop (DGS-1008G)"

As far as software, I use the Logitech software for both my PC and my Android phone. Neither one is exactly state of the art, but they work. The PC software allows you to set "motion areas" which will keep the recording on the PC. It also downloads the motion-generated videos and stores them on the PC. You tell the software how much disk space to use up and it erases the oldest stuff when you reach that amount to space. Of course, you can tell it to keep specific videos.

I tried Blue Iris and it worked, but saw no reason to keep using it. I wish there was a Blue Iris "Lite".

Keith L.

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm also a fan of the legacy Logitech Alert Commander app, for the reasons NCHiker mentions. In fact, I also separately use Blue Iris for my non-Logitech WiFi cams (by Foscam), but wish I could just get those going with the Logitech app. (Hmmm, is there any way to "spoof" the Foscam cameras as Logitech Alert cam, maybe?...)

CameraNube

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm making progress. I have the Alert 700e->iCreatin-> TP link Ethernet switch -> Google WiFi, (all lights are green) and have downloaded and created an account with Alert Commander. Why can't it find my camera?!?! I feel like I am so close, yet so far...

NCHiker

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm making progress. I have the Alert 700e->iCreatin-> TP link Ethernet switch -> Google WiFi, (all lights are green) and have downloaded and created an account with Alert Commander. Why can't it find my camera?!?! I feel like I am so close, yet so far...
Just FYI, the laptop has to be in the same subnetwork as the iCreatins.
Also, the first one I tried I could not get it to work either for a while. Turns out I had the Ethernet cables in the wrong sockets. I swapped the two Ethernet cables and all was up and running. The cable to the router should be the one directly under the LED power indicator. [What? Me read the instructions?]

NotAtWork

n3wb
Reaction score
Realize this thread is over two years old now, but for the possible benefit of other Logitech Alert owners who come across it, I wanted to post here that I just easily and inexpensively replaced a failing 700e power adapter with a $9 iCreatin Wall Plug 48w POE (Power Over Ethernet) injector and a TP-Link AV600 Powerline Ethernet Adapter, which sell as a pair for just $29…
Thank you for this post (and to the others for the followups). The Powerline pair have gone up in price, but this was an easy and affordable way to keep my Logitechs going. Greatly appreciated!

NCHiker

n3wb
Reaction score
I removed one old camera from the house we sold, and left two behind. I set up the one in my new house and I can access it fine from PC and Android phone.

But logging into Alert.logitech.com requires Adobe Flash Player which no longer exists! I can't get in to change the parameters. Any idea how to log in?

Thank you.