login problem with SD29204S-GN

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I finally got around to installing this camera. It showed up right away in blue iris which i thought was strange. I didn't do anything but disconnect a different camera and reconnect the cable with this 29204S-GN . I didn't have to click add camera in blue iris. It's probably because the camera had the same ip address as the camera that was replaced.
It displays video but I cant control any functions such as pan tilt zoom. I cant log in to the camera, it says locked after trying the defaults admin admin 666666 666666 888888 888888
The Dahua config tool lists it but it wont let me change the ip. The Config result says network error, maybe timeout.
Its connected to a Zyxel ES1100-8P poe switch
Pinging the camera results in 0% loss
I don' know what else to do.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Delete the entry out of blue IRIS, restart the camera and try to log in via the web gui.

Otherwise factory reset the camera, find it with SmartPSS and reconfigure?
Default username and password is admin/admin.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It´s unusual to use the cam with default ip address. Do you use the latest config tool? To be sure that blue iris isn´t trying to log in and close the admin account it´s better to shutdown blueiris and then after reboot of cam try it again.
Sometimes the ip can´t be canged, when you are in different subnet. you can temporarily change to 192.168.1.100 your local ip and try again.
Here is a documentation for it.
Camera Troubleshoot/Change IP Cameras IP Address - Dahua Wiki

And please change the admin password. Default passwords are dangerous.

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Delete the entry out of blue IRIS, restart the camera and try to log in via the web gui.

Otherwise factory reset the camera, find it with SmartPSS and reconfigure?
Default username and password is admin/admin.[/QUOTE
Ok, I deleted the entry out of blue iris, and I shut blue iris down. Restarted the camera, cant log in via web gui.
Out of curiosity after being unsuccessful in logging in with this cam, I unplugged this cam and tried with a new cam on the same cat5 cable a dahua starlight turret. The config tool lists it with the default IP and i was able to change the ip and assign a new password. I could also play with the zoom and it worked fine.

Back to the ptz , I tried the factory reset by pushing the pin hole button on the back and now the config tool and smart pss doesn't see it. The camera still boots up and does its dance.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How long did you push the reset button? More than 5 s? Is it a new cam or an older one? To be for sure, that the poe power is enough, connect it with a short cable direct to the poe switch. Is the cam inside mounted?

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How long did you push the reset button? More than 5 s? Is it a new cam or an older one? To be for sure, that the poe power is enough, connect it with a short cable direct to the poe switch. Is the cam inside mounted?
Yes i held it for more than 5 seconds.
The cam is newly installed but its been on the market for a few years i believe. I will try using a shorter cable, how short? And how many watts should it need?
I attempted to mount it outdoor n
But its inside now until i get it working

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This cam needs only normal poe power, not poe+, but more than a turret. A short cable means anything with a patchcable around a few meters.
Did you try to open the Web Interface? Did you changed your local ip to the same segment as camera default is? The cam has 192.168.1.108 so if you change your computer ip to p.e. 192.168.1.10 you must be able to open the cam website. Are you now able to login with admin/admin? If not reset again with the default button.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This cam needs only normal poe power, not poe+, but more than a turret. A short cable means anything with a patchcable around a few meters.
Did you try to open the Web Interface? Did you changed your local ip to the same segment as camera default is? The cam has 192.168.1.108 so if you change your computer ip to p.e. 192.168.1.10 you must be able to open the cam website. Are you now able to login with admin/admin? If not reset again with the default button.
Odd behaviour, the camera is either not FR correctly or his IP subnets are mismatched, or the device isn't picking up a DHCP lease?

I just reset my SD29204T-GN by pressing the reset button for 30 seconds (pressed in the moment the power was turned on) and it found an IP for it's self via DHCP once it booted back up.

Restart your router and try again.
I doubt BI would have bricked the camera...

@nayr or @EMPIRETECANDY may have an idea...

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If the camera is now reset to the default ip 192.168.1.108 the dahua config tool should see it correct?
Ill have to change the computers ip when i get home.

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update
Ok I got home and plugged the camera back in. I then got on my laptop switched the ip to 192.168.1.1
Now the dahua config tool can see it, and it let me modify the ip. So i did that and then was able to log in via the web gui where admin admin worked finally and it prompted me to create a new password which i did. I can see video and pan tilt and zoom. I guess all it needed was a reset but this camera couldn't be seen until i switched the ethernet adapter ip.
Thanks guys

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know this behavior. It seems to be cam firmware related. Some of them are able to be changed from different subnets, some not. And be for sure, to use the latest version of config tool.

@camsmith
This function I don't know. Is this new to force with 30s reset a DHCP boot? Can somebody confirm this?
Because I know another issue with dhcp, if it's activ, the ip adress will raise by 1 for every reboot. Means first time it receives 192.168.0.50 and next reboot the dhcp adress will be 192.168.0.51. Every reboot it's one digit higher. Therefore dhcp is in my mind a broken feature. Although I always recommend to use a static adress for such devices.

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I held for about 7 seconds.
I also found this : 2.4 TF Card Slot and Reset Button TF card slot and RESET button is shown as in Figure 2-3. Press the RESET button for at least five seconds; you can restore factory default setup. Press the WPS button on the speed dome and the router at the same time. The speed dome can automatically connect to the network.

https://www.webstore4ipcameras.nl/documentation/Dahua_DH-SD29204S-GN_manual.pdf

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your using DHCP you need to setup Static Mapping on your DHCP server so IP dont change; and if your running Static IP's you need to reconfigure your DHCP server so it dont use the whole subnet and excludes part of it that your assigning statically.. either way, its required that you configure your DHCP Server correctly.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I held for about 7 seconds.
I also found this : 2.4 TF Card Slot and Reset Button TF card slot and RESET button is shown as in Figure 2-3. Press the RESET button for at least five seconds; you can restore factory default setup. Press the WPS button on the speed dome and the router at the same time. The speed dome can automatically connect to the network.

https://www.webstore4ipcameras.nl/documentation/Dahua_DH-SD29204S-GN_manual.pdf
WPS is only used for cam's with a wlan integrated. If i am not totally wrong your cam has no wlan. Therefore this can not work.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If your using DHCP you need to setup Static Mapping on your DHCP server so IP dont change; and if your running Static IP's you need to reconfigure your DHCP server so it dont use the whole subnet and excludes part of it that your assigning statically.. either way, its required that you configure your DHCP Server correctly.
Normally a router doesn't change an IP adresse given from dhcp, accept the lease time is over or to many dhcp addresses are in use, which is unusual at private networks. But of course it is possible, so you are right it's every time a good idea to use a static address outside the dhcp range.
I described a behaviour with router setups,where the IP not changes for other devices. Only Dahua does an increment every reboot with dhcp.

ESMR

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to IPCT but was wondering if anyone could help with my problem please. I have a Dahau IPC-HFW2320RP-ZS recently purchased through Aliexpress and now connected to Blue Iris for a week. I am at the stage where I'm ready to change defaults eg I want to reset or turn off the Dahua date and time, but using the Config tool I see my account is locked. I have not changed the camera ip, username or password so all of these are the default of 192.168.1.108 and "admin admin" and this is verified by BI. This problem, seems to be more than just waiting 30 minutes for the account to unlock. Do I need an unlock code from Dahau? Does the account auto-lock if the defaults are not changed within a certain time frame or number of logins? Thanks for any advice.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No you don´t need a unlock code. Disconnect it from Blue Iris, (shut Blue Iris down), perform a power cycle to the cam, then try it again with the latest config tool from dahuasecurity.com.
If you can´t change the password, try to change the ip of computer to static 192.168.1.10 and then connect to 192.168.1.108 (cam default ip) This must work. Otherwise you changed the admin password.

And now do the first config through web gui. Don´t forget to add a second accound for blueiris to prevent locking out. And a third with admin is also sometimes usefully.