LOCKED OUT OF GRAY MARKET HIKVISION 4.2V SYSTEM AND CAMERAS HELP PLEASE!

Reaction score
I have a NVR and 11 cameras in my system. I have somehow gotten locked out of my entire system. The only camera that I can access is my doorbell cam. Ive been going back and forth with HIK vision for a few weeks now and recently found out that my NVR is a gray market version. Can someone help me get back into it again so I dont have to buy a new system. Mine is in the 4.2 version so Im hoping it is one that has the backdoor access exploit for getting around the pw lockout.. I am pretty green so if someone could spare the time to help me fix this very expensive paperweight I would be eternally grateful. At this point to be honest I would gladly pay somebody to help me. I have a security system installer coming on Thursday to replace the NVR if I can't get to the bottom of it before then. Thanks guys. its a version 4.164 build and a NR32P if that helps. I think this the serial number NR32P-161620181015CCRRG594630XXXX

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is in the 4.2 version so Im hoping it is one that has the backdoor access exploit for getting around the pw lockout.
That NVR firmware version doesn't have any publicly known backdoors.

But if any of the cameras have firmware of 3.4.0 or earlier - a backdoor in the camera firmware can be used to extract the NVR password, if the cameras are connected to NVR PoE ports and were added using 'Plug&Play' mode.

What does SADP show for the camera firmware versions?
Connect a PC to an unused NVR PoE port to find out.

Reaction score
That NVR firmware version doesn't have any publicly known backdoors.

But if any of the cameras have firmware of 3.4.0 or earlier - a backdoor in the camera firmware can be used to extract the NVR password, if the cameras are connected to NVR PoE ports and were added using 'Plug&Play' mode.

What does SADP show for the camera firmware versions?
Connect a PC to an unused NVR PoE port to find out.
thank you for the reply. much appreciated. im going to Fry's tonight to get a PoE so I can do that. I can't pull up any cameras either except for the doorbell cam at this point. I will get back to you once I figure out how to connect the PoE to my lap top. I had a security company out here today and the guy confirmed my worst fear and basically said the whole thing is bricked. he did however get the camera's picture to come up on my monitor but they're locked you cannot manipulate them in any way. he took one down and gave it to me and said that would help if I am going to try and figure out how to circumvent the system. he seemed earnest enough in that he wasn't all about me giving up and purchasing a unit from him right now. I just am not going to throw almost 4000 dollars out the window with out exhausting all my possibilities on solving this riddle. if you have any non public sources or methods you would care to share with me I would remunirate you in kind for the help. I mean this system is good there is no reason I should not be able to get past the bullshit PW. Anyway, sure do appreciate the help friend.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
im going to Fry's tonight to get a PoE so I can do that.
SADP will show the cameras and NVR status and firmware versions if you simply connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port.

doorbell is v1.4 62 build 180515 if that helps.
It's the cameras that may have a backdoor access if they have firmware version 3.4.0 or earlier.