Location install possibilities

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey all, looking for what might be the best spot to address one of my blind spots in my home security. The red area is below two of my cameras that look out and where all my utilities come into the house. Yellow area is my side gate entrance which is locked. The blue line is where I can install a long without long conduit runs. Open to any suggestions!

Thanks!

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are you trying to capture the house or the gate or both?

I would consider adding some to the fence.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What are you trying to capture the house or the gate or both?

I would consider adding some to the fence.
I'm thinking I want to capture the fence, but also capture the red box area where all my utilities are located.

I have thought about one on the fence, but that's a long run from my outdoor switch.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think I might need two cameras to achieve this.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I put a camera right above where my utilities come in. About 5' high which gives me a view if anybody screws around with them.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah I might put on the side of the house that can see the fence and then another that sits how you described.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Guessing the tree in bloom is going to impede the quite a bit
Oh yeah, that's the main reason I haven't put a camera behind the tree area. IR light at night would just reflect off the tree anyways. So I'll start up high looking over the fence, but I might trench a line to the fence and mount it looking towards the tree.

Reaction score
Since you are inclined to the possibility of trenching, I'd slap a light post/birdhouse camera off to the right about 10' distance from the tree looking back at yellow/red area.

harleyl7

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I went ahead and put it up high and more as a peace of mind camera for my wife to see the side gate. I have one more spot on my outdoor poe switch and will probably trench to the fence to look at house utility area. Or maybe I'll put it on the shed.

Now time to figure out where I can put a 25x ptz camera

Attachments

kreansanm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

Our organization is wanting to install several IP cameras in an upcoming parking lot that hasn’t been paved yet.

Problem is, the building already exists so it wouldn’t be feasible to run 100ft of PVC conduit underground for each IP camera back to the main building.

Similar to how there are IDFs and MDFs inside a building, would it be reasonable to install an “outdoor IDF” with a fiber uplink? This “outdoor IDF” can house a PoE network switch, power, and a patch panel for all the Cat6 branches to the IP camera (which are all close together, less than 30ft).

Has anyone does something similar to this?

Any feedback or suggestions are welcome, thank you.