Livestream IP Camera without a PC?

Reaction score
Hi, I have set up two IP cameras in an artificial nesting bank to monitor the birds behaviour during the nesting season and accessing the camera feed via the App CamHipro.
I have a 4G Router and once I set up access on CamHipro on my phone via the 4G Router wifi at the nesting bank I can access the camera feed on my phone once I have a mobile signal, no need for wifi after the initial set up.
My question is do I need a computer at the site in order to set up public access live stream on something like my YouTube channel?
I have been looking on line for solutions with no success. All suggestions mention needing a computer on-site. Something I cannot do because the birds are already nesting and cannot risk disturbing them.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi, I have set up two IP cameras in an artificial nesting bank to monitor the birds behaviour during the nesting season and accessing the camera feed via the App CamHipro.
I have a 4G Router and once I set up access on CamHipro on my phone via the 4G Router wifi at the nesting bank I can access the camera feed on my phone once I have a mobile signal, no need for wifi after the initial set up.
My question is do I need a computer at the site in order to set up public access live stream on something like my YouTube channel?
I have been looking on line for solutions with no success. All suggestions mention needing a computer on-site. Something I cannot do because the birds are already nesting and cannot risk disturbing them.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Possible solutions are a camera that supports RTMP streaming or extra hardware they can transcode the same and then relay the video feed to YouTube.

There are OBS hardware devices which again you send the video feed to. In turn the OBS hardware relays the same to YouTube.

Another old school method is to prop up a website and send the video feed there. The general public need only go to that public facing website address. You can self host or do the same using any of a hundred free / paid streaming services.

Really comes down to your technical knowledge / skills and the willingness to invest time, resources, and money.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response Teken, the cameras have RTMP and RTSP.
I had a go using OBS but no luck. I have my own website so no problem hosting a live stream.
I may just not have the technical nohow to set it up. Thanks again.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response Teken, the cameras have RTMP and RTSP.
I had a go using OBS but no luck. I have my own website so no problem hosting a live stream.
I may just not have the technical nohow to set it up. Thanks again.
If everything you’ve stated in the initial post about having a 4G network. Along with a RTMP capable video camera. You need only send that RTMP video feed to YouTube.

Obviously following whatever required steps to connect the camera to YouTube. It’s been a very long time doing the same but recall you need only the YouTube RTMP URL.

You take that YouTube (RTMP) URL and enter the same inside of the security camera. If there’s an internet connection as you say (4G cellular) you should see it on your YouTube website shortly.

I believe there’s a few threads on this forum explaining all of the details as to how to.

Use RTMP / YouTube as your first search terms. Let us know what you find and how you end up as I’m sure it will help the next soul looking to do the same!