Live Viewing Via Laptop - Hikvision

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, I am assuming that the NVR is running DHCP and is reassigning the cameras with it's IP address Octets.
I really have no idea, just trying to get access to them when i use the Asus router.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I really have no idea, just trying to get access to them when i use the Asus router.
You will have to access the NVR setup section directly and see there what the camera IP address is. I am assuming the cameras are plugged directly into the NVR RJ-45 ports?.

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You will have to access the NVR setup section directly and see there what the camera IP address is. I am assuming the cameras are plugged directly into the NVR RJ-45 ports?.
Yes that is correct.

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, your NVR is assigning the cameras IP addresses through its DHCP, not your router DHCP. That is why SADP could only find your router, as your cameras are not on the same network as the rest of your devices are.
Does that explain why i can view them on my laptop and iVMS app with the old router but not with the new router?

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, so how do i fix it?!
On the Hik NVR I used to have, anytime something got hosed up, I would have to factory reset the NVR and then setup everything again. The NVR would then scan its ports and look for any cameras attached to them. That is one of the downfalls of a NVR. Their OS is very limited in what you can edit to try and reconfig everything. It was just much easier to factory reset it.

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On the Hik NVR I used to have, anytime something got hosed up, I would have to factory reset the NVR and then setup everything again. The NVR would then scan its ports and look for any cameras attached to them. That is one of the downfalls of a NVR. Their OS is very limited in what you can edit to try and reconfig everything. It was just much easier to factory reset it.
Sounds risky...Maybe i will just keep the old router for when i need to change anything. I can still view the cameras with the Hik-connect app and Asus router.

JAredA

n3wb
Reaction score
if you want to connect to cameras directly plugged into the HiKvision Nvr you need to go to configuration>network advanced>other and enable virtual host. then you can goto System>Camera Management and on the right side you should have a link to web browser to each camera

JAredA

n3wb
Reaction score
if you want to connect to cameras directly plugged into the HiKvision Nvr you need to go to configuration>network advanced>other and enable virtual host. then you can goto System>Camera Management and on the right side you should have a link to web browser to each camera
each camera ip address will be the same as the NVR just using a different port

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since it all works with the original router, i'd assume that the virtual host is enabled?

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
each camera ip address will be the same as the NVR just using a different port
Yes i can see each camera's IP address in camera management. Nothing happens if i put that address into my browser though.