Live Viewing Via Laptop - Hikvision

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So i just replaced my old modem/router with an Asus DSL-AC68U that I've had for years. I'm trying to be able to view my camera's through my laptop but can't work out how to set things up again. The old address was 10.0.0.xxx etc, but that no longer works. I've tried port forwarding in the Asus.

Any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
You want the PC and the cam to be on the same subnet; no port forwarding needed on your LAN, only when trying to view remotely via WAN (not recommended anyway).

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, OK i now have that info. What next?

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it all depends,,,if your using an App, an Nvr, Blue Iris, etc,,,,you didn't say what equipment your trying to do this with
OK so the cameras are connected to an NVR. I use iVMS-4500 app on my iPhone when i want to view at home as it's quicker to load but it's also not working since the router change. I use Hik-Connect app when i'm remote viewing away from home, that still works.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have a computer that can get on the internet….you should shoyld do an IP config command from the CMD.exe program and note your gateway address.
that will be your Asus DSL device.
then try logging in to the gateway address with the Asus credentials. Then you can see in the Status menus, what devices are connected. Then you have a starting point

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can log into my Asus router no problems.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
right so every device that was previously residing on old device now resides on your Asus, via DHCP IP address assignment your mission is to ID your NVR etc on the new Ip addressing scheme created by Asus,,,,

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
if Static addresses were assigned to the NVR,,,,your locked out until you log back in,,,with old address/modem /device and change it t match the new Network address scheme

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if Static addresses were assigned to the NVR,,,,your locked out until you log back in,,,with old address/modem /device and change it t match the new Network address scheme
I can connect my old modem no problems, not sure on what and where to do these changes though.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
you have to login into the HIK NVR and either reset Network to Defaults or DHCP. or assign a Static IP address that matches the Gateway address'es address scheme.. If new gateway is 192.168.0.1 then NVR must be 192.168.0.xxx 1 up to 253.

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looking at the NVR via my TV, the Gateway matches what ipconfig says.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
You could try " IPCONFIG/ALL " and it should list everything. Also, were your cameras setup with your old router assigning the IP address through DHCP? If so, then your cameras may have defaulted back to the factory default IP address. Unless you made the cameras IP address as static in the past, the new router will assign the IP address of your cameras automatically. A free program you can use to find all of the devices on your network is called "LanScan". If you have multiple NICS in your PC, it will break them out by NIC.

AusGuy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You could try " IPCONFIG/ALL " and it should list everything. Also, were your cameras setup with your old router assigning the IP address through DHCP? If so, then your cameras may have defaulted back to the factory default IP address. Unless you made the cameras IP address as static in the past, the new router will assign the IP address of your cameras automatically. A free program you can use to find all of the devices on your network is called "LanScan". If you have multiple NICS in your PC, it will break them out by NIC.
It was 5 years since i installed the cameras etc, so i can't remember what i did unfortunately.

I just re-installed my old router and still cannot access cameras via iVMS or on my laptop.