Live is main stream, but playback is substream only?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
UI3 version 221, Blue Iris version: 5.6.0.5

Newly installed on a neighbors PC. Playback on all cameras is sub-stream resolution. Live shows sub momentarily then snaps to main as it should.

This happens on UI3 (both local PC and remote PC) and on the console locally. I've verified that "play sub-stream" option is not checked.

Am I missing something? My identical system at home isn't experiencing this.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What recording method are you using here, like mine is "When triggered". But if you use "Continuous + Triggered" then I think BI will record sub stream continously, and add in the main stream only when there is motion.

Also best to record to BVR format if you aren't, since I don't think BI supports recording two video tracks to any other file format.

1661287445640.png

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What recording method are you using here, like mine is "When triggered". But if you use "Continuous + Triggered" then I think BI will record sub stream continously, and add in the main stream only when there is motion.

Also best to record to BVR format if you aren't, since I don't think BI supports recording two video tracks to any other file format.

View attachment 137741
Sorry for late reply. I am using "when triggered" only, and BVR with direct-to-disc. Same settings on all cameras - identical to my own system.