Live Feed Latency..

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not sure what I did... computer has been off for a week.. turned it back on.. and now the cameras live feed updated every few seconds.. aka looking at the time/clock.. will go from,, xx:xx:22, xx:xx:26, xx:xx:31, xx:xx:35, like its back.. i removed EVERY Camera.. re added 1, turned off all triggers, alerts, and recording.. disabled paging system on computer as well as web server... nothing.. not sure where to look.. i might just reinstall windows and start from scratch, which sucks because i have NO idea where I put my CD for the os and it has the key on it

anyone got any thoughts?

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh one more thing.. I have Reolink cameras.. if i use the reolink software there is no latency at all and is shown in realtime

and yes I dropped the from from 30, 20 , 10, 5 doesnt make a difference.. cameras are rated/operate at 30fps

hdd that everthing stores on(new) is an NVME then is sent to storage which is a hdd

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Reinstalled BI and no changes... will just buy another win10 on newegg since i cannot for the life of me find mine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reinstalled BI and no changes... will just buy another win10 on newegg since i cannot for the life of me find mine.
You dont need a new w10 license. Use the Microsoft media creation tool. MS has your system info and it will install and activate.

As far as your original issue, are you using windows remote desktop?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What you describe has nothing to do with latency. It sounds like your live view is dropping most of the frames.

1) Did you make sure "Limit decoding unless required" is disabled for all the cameras? It isn't enabled by default but maybe you turned it on and didn't realize what it does?
2) If you are viewing Blue Iris with remote desktop or a similar application, that can cause video to update slowly.
3) See if the frame rate is also low when you connect to Blue Iris's web server.
4) Look at what you have set for these settings:

1599370039999.png

5) If you reinstalled Blue Iris without deleting its registry settings manually, it is possible they didn't get deleted so you still have the old configuration.
6) If you were running Windows 10, then like fenderman said, you probably don't need a key anymore for it to reactivate. To check, you can go to Settings > Activation settings (type "activation" in the settings search box). Mine says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", indicating that I could reformat my drive and reinstall Windows and skip entering the product key and it would activate automatically on its own.

1599370276083.png

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, so reinstalled windows.. and fresh install of blue iris.. still same result.. lol

i am viewing this on the computer,, not remote.. not yet anyway..

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What you describe has nothing to do with latency. It sounds like your live view is dropping most of the frames.

1) Did you make sure "Limit decoding unless required" is disabled for all the cameras? It isn't enabled by default but maybe you turned it on and didn't realize what it does?
2) If you are viewing Blue Iris with remote desktop or a similar application, that can cause video to update slowly.
3) See if the frame rate is also low when you connect to Blue Iris's web server.
4) Look at what you have set for these settings:

View attachment 69999

5) If you reinstalled Blue Iris without deleting its registry settings manually, it is possible they didn't get deleted so you still have the old configuration.
6) If you were running Windows 10, then like fenderman said, you probably don't need a key anymore for it to reactivate. To check, you can go to Settings > Activation settings (type "activation" in the settings search box). Mine says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", indicating that I could reformat my drive and reinstall Windows and skip entering the product key and it would activate automatically on its own.

View attachment 70001
WAIT WAHT!!!!

i just saw the 5-sec delay... omfg my its real time!! how did that even happen!?!?!?!?

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
sucks i bought another copy of windows but w/e i dont care as long as its back up and running!!

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
weird.. ive only added 8 cameras so far and my cpu jumps to 95% no recording of any sort yet, however when I select limit decoding unless required for them all.. the cpu drops to 10%,

i will read up on what that does... when i single click a camera takes about half a second and then it displays in real time... ideally i want all cameras to display real time... i will look into sub streams with my reolinks.. not sure how well it works.

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
well well well

/h264Preview_01_sub

seems with the sub stream and removing the "limit decode unless necessary" gives me all cameras realtime, and droped the cpu to 5%

will add the remaining 8 cameras now