Live Cams Pro or any 3rd party IOS with Hikvision

SDguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone using Live Cams Pro for IOS or other 3rd party app with a Hikvision Camera.

I've got some Foscams running with Live Cams with no issues and have been trying to get a Hikvision 2532 with no luck.

Wondering if what I'm missing. I've tried all the various ports, I'm on the same network so no port forwarding at this point.

For Live Cams Pro I only see a Profile #1 in the choices for Hikvision.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Never used it. Have you tried using a browser to confirm remote access works? It might not be the app. Make sure your router ip address is listed in the primary dns box in the network settings on the hikvision
as an aside,
ipcamviewer by robert chou is a good choice for ios or android.

SDguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Never used it. Have you tried using a browser to confirm remote access works? It might not be the app. Make sure your router ip address is listed in the primary dns box in the network settings on the hikvision
as an aside,
ipcamviewer by robert chou is a good choice for ios or android.
I'm able to view the camera from a web browser. My iphone is connected to the same network so its not remote at the moment. As far as the primary DNS can you tell me where thats located, I don't see it under basic network or advanced. Have you used ipcamviewer with Hikvision?

Thanks

SDguy

n3wb
Reaction score
I checked off DHCP and it populated the DNS with my router IP. Still can not connect with that app in Iphone. I can try ipcamviewer, if others have it working.

SDguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually now that the IP address is correct the app recognizes the RTSP port and it works! Thanks for the info.