Live and Playback View on LTD8308T-FT No Plug-in Detected

TreyNTX69

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Platinum LTD8308T-FT w/Firmware version: V3.1.7 build 150908 and Encoding version: V5.0 build 150629. I can login to the DVR via IE browser on my old XP computer and view Live and Playback video, but when I login to the DVR via my new Windows 10 computer or via Chrome browser I get a message saying no plug-in detected. Can this be fixed by upgrading the firmware?

Thanks,
Trey

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Windows 10 computer or via Chrome browser I get a message saying no plug-in detected.
Neither the Edge browser in Win10, nor the current Chrome allow the installation of NPAPI-based plugins like Hikvision's webcomponents.
Until Hikvision introduce their much-delayed updated add-on, you will need to use IE11 in Win10, or Firefox.

TreyNTX69

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy reply. I did try Firefox, but I get the exact same message in Firefox also (current version 45). Is there some config needed for Firefox?

Also has Hikvision announced their intention to provide an update or add-on to resolve this? I'm seriously regretting this entire purchase and installation now.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Also has Hikvision announced their intention to provide an update or add-on to resolve this?
It was due in November. Seems to have gone quiet.

For Chrome - apparently there is a Chrome 'IE tab' but I have not used it so can't vouch for how well it works.

I'm seriously regretting this entire purchase and installation now.
Everyone is in the same boat in terms of replacing the classic add-ons. At least Hikvision made the announcement and are presumably working on it.
The QNAP Surveillance Station replacement is practically unusable.