Limiting number of presets

CedarTree

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI has up to 40 presets. I only need sat 5 for a camera, with autocycle. So I never want to go to preset 6, 7, etc. but no matter what I do I can’t get BI to stop calling all 40 presets. Help please?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
With Auto-cycle mine just steps through the 13 presets that I have defined.

Maybe try clearing all of the other presets on both cam and in BI.

Last edited:

CedarTree

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can't clear them all (only some) on Cam (silly interface). I think the issue is this... when you go into PTZ setting in BI, BI re-loads the presets from the Camera. There should be a button to only manually do this. Or a checkmark to not re-load in the future when editing that camera. Not sure if that can be shared with the software developer.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can certainly share it with the software developer using the function in BI to pull the relevant info for an email to them.

If you hit the find/inspect it will pull all the current PTZ presets. So if you make changes to the presets within the camera and do not redo the find/inspect, then it shouldn't find them. At least that is how it works on my Dahua PTZ cams.

But if for some reason your camera ignores all that, then in BI all you need to do is for each preset you do not want to be in autocycle, simply grey out all the profiles numbers under auto-cycle so that they are not used.

CedarTree

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I just checked again - it find/inspects even without me pushing that button. Greying out doesn't help either. As soon as I re-open the config box in BI, it shows me all 40 presets again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah it will show all 40 presets whether used or not, but if you grey out all the profiles it will still autocycle the presets that you do not want and are greyed out?

CedarTree

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I did what I think you suggested - turned off profiles 0 through 7 (day/night/etc) for the 36 presets I didn't need. Seems to work now. Bit of a pain.
What do you mean precisely by "grey out"?
THANKS EITHER WAY.

CedarTree

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry - I see you mean grey out the PROFILES (which I did) - I thought you meant the presets at first.