Limiting Days/Hours a User has access to a Group of cameras.

Arik5405

n3wb
Reaction score
My wife runs a home daycare and we are trying to provide parents access to 2 of our 4 cameras but only during daycare hours (for example: M-F 7:30am - 5:30pm). I have a User account called "daycare" and a Group for the 2 cameras called "daycare cameras". When I log in to the web server as "daycare" user account I do get just the 2 cameras we want to show, but I can't seem to limit the access timeframe. Is this possible?

Ideal Scenario:
Wife's User Account - Access to all 4 cameras all day everyday.
Daycare User Account - Access to 2 cameras M-F 7:30am - 5:30pm only.

Thank you in advance for your help.
-Arik

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Arik5405 Welcome to the forum. In the user settings, enable scheduled access. Draw an inactive profile for the hours you dont want users to have access. The profile you choose for the active portion does not matter.
From the help file
You may enable Scheduled access which will limit the times during the day and/or week that a user account may be used. The only distinction at this time is between active and inactive. While active, the profile number is irrelevant.

Arik5405

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you so much! When we saw "inactive profile" when we were trying to figure it out ourselves, we took that as the profile it self was not active, not that it was an inactive time for the cameras. But it all makes sense now, thank you again for your help!