Let's have some sound!

ds76

n3wb
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I just installed my first ip camera, a DS-2CD2532F-IS. It was pretty straight forward and the guys at Nelly's were very helpful. It works beautifully and I'm really pleased with it. Now I'd like to make it work with two way sound. I hooked up a pair of ear buds to the audio and ground screws on the green block and got my wife to talk to me through the browser on her laptop. I could hear her clearly and it seems to work fine. The issue is that I need a suitable amp and speaker to talk to people who come onto my porch. I can rig up a small amp (either battery or wall wart powered) and a speaker, but I'd like to have an amp set up to only power up when someone is speaking through the computer rather than having it powered all the time. I know that some home theater sub-woofers are made like that. Do any of you know of a small, cheap amp that will work that way? I've searched Amazon and Parts Express with no luck.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I just installed my first ip camera, a DS-2CD2532F-IS. It was pretty straight forward and the guys at Nelly's were very helpful. It works beautifully and I'm really pleased with it. Now I'd like to make it work with two way sound. I hooked up a pair of ear buds to the audio and ground screws on the green block and got my wife to talk to me through the browser on her laptop. I could hear her clearly and it seems to work fine. The issue is that I need a suitable amp and speaker to talk to people who come onto my porch. I can rig up a small amp (either battery or wall wart powered) and a speaker, but I'd like to have an amp set up to only power up when someone is speaking through the computer rather than having it powered all the time. I know that some home theater sub-woofers are made like that. Do any of you know of a small, cheap amp that will work that way? I've searched Amazon and Parts Express with no luck.
Cheap low power amps use very little power. Based on a review of this 9 dollar unit it draws about 2w....
http://www.amazon.com/Kinter-Digital-Audio-Power-Amplifier/product-reviews/B007TUSXEY/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewopt_kywd?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=byRankDescending&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=1&filterByKeyword=draw

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ds76

n3wb
Reaction score
That's scary! I have that very amp in my cart at Amazon right now! I guess I'll go ahead and hit the checkout button.