LED Light Interferance

danletkeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I picked up an EmpireTech 4K Full-Color Ultra Low Light 8MP. Outstanding camera. Outdoor picture quality is awesome and the web interface is a step up from what I have been using. I was doing some test shots indoors and I noticed that when I had it in areas where there was LED light fixtures such as a 4' long 6 bulb fixture or even some new 2x4 ceiling flat panels, there were large horizontal scrolling lines showing up in the image. I didn't find too many posts about this, and I have only tested this camera in this building. Is there a particular setting that should mitigate this problem?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The problem with the anti-flicker option is it also then eliminates some parameters that you can set as it forces the camera to not allow the user to change a parameter that can bring it back.

Anti-flicker does not allow a shutter speed faster than 1/100, nor does it allow the user to give the shutter speed a range, and does not allow a user to turn on WDR. It may take away others as well, but I know those two for sure.

The problem can be solved with a shutter speed adjustment, which is what I recommend so that a user maintains full ability to adjust camera parameters.

You want to stay off shutters that are whole number divisible by 50 or 60 (depending if you are in a 50 or 60hz area). So you try and odd shutter speed like 1/87 (11.49ms) or 1/66 (15.15ms), etc.

Last edited:

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm on 50hz and have seen no banding from shutter speeds of 125 or 250th. I allow the camera to range so it could be setting others, but have had no issues.

danletkeman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The problem with the anti-flicker option is it also then eliminates some parameters that you can set as it forces the camera to not allow the user to change a parameter that can bring it back.

Anti-flicker does not allow a shutter speed faster than 1/100, nor does it allow the user to give the shutter speed a range, and does not allow a user to turn on WDR. It may take away others as well, but I know those two for sure.

The problem can be solved with a shutter speed adjustment, which is what I recommend so that a user maintains full ability to adjust camera parameters.

You want to stay off shutters that are divisible by 50 or 60. So you try and odd shutter speed like 1/87 (11.49ms) or 1/66 (15.15ms), etc.
Got it. I definitely want WDR on.