leaving cams and blue iris if you sell house

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Im going to be selling my house and moving for a job.
I obviously dont want to dismount the cams and leave holes and shit.
Does anyone know if i can just transfer my BI account to the new owner somehow, like change to their email and password on the account?
Since the shit is already up and running, it saves them the hassle of having someone redo the whole BI and getting it all working.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see why you couldn't deactivate with the button under the "settings" => "about" page then re-activate with the new email address (no password needed) but I'd sure email support first to ask and get the procedure unless someone else gives you a definitive answer.

In any event, the FIRST thing I'd do is click on the "email support" button and copy/paste the full license key into a text file.

Of course, under BI "users" you could change user logins and passwords if desired.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
The biggest concern I would have leaving a system intact is you are now their tech support. Are you prepared to do this and take calls and troubleshoot issues?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^^^ Good point, otherwise language stating no support/sold as-is regarding the in-place cams & PC could be placed in the terms of sale. :cool:

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're willing to just leave the cameras behind, you could send them my way. I'll cover shipping. ;)

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you're willing to just leave the cameras behind, you could send them my way. I'll cover shipping. ;)
The security cameras can be a selling point for the new buyer. If you're moving for a company everything happens pretty fast and you don't have a lot of time to make preparations, much less mess around with removing a security camera system.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It depends, you may find folks that don't want the cameras system, and it could possibly be a deterrent to some buyers.
Potential buyer might think "Why does this house have so many cameras, is this neighborhood that unsafe"
Talk to a realtor about this.