Learning with area intrusion and trip wire

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I keep testing my 5216 Dahua NVR and 2 cameras. Finding that trip wire seems better than area intrusion. The area intrusion has only a minimum target sized box, not a maximum box. So today with wind & clouds, the alarm kept going off with large cloud shadows passing through the area. Also thinking that my body plus long shadows in late afternoon are exceeding the maximum box size on the trip wire. Vertical trip wire lines seem to work better than horizontal ones. Does anyone have hints on how to improve reliability?

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Curious if you have learned anymore with your testing? I've recently started playing with line crossing with some success on my 5208 but trying to eliminate neighborhood cats from triggering. I drew some boxes in objects but no changes, haven't found any "how to" documentation. Also noticed some issues with building shadows on bright sunny days but nothing recently.

Thanks!

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I found the maximum size box for the area intrusion..was maxed out and did not see it.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious if you have learned anymore with your testing? I've recently started playing with line crossing with some success on my 5208 but trying to eliminate neighborhood cats from triggering.

Thanks!
Just make the minimum size box larger than the cats or a vertical tall rectangle that is thin.