Lean settings for v5

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Apparently V5 already sets direct to disc.. when I checked the setting on all 4 cameras it looks like this...
What about the hardware acceleration.. I don't have an intel cpu I have AMD FX-6300 (6 core) and Nvidia graphics card.. is there anything I can utilize with those to reduce cpu?

Attachments

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you could try clicking the Nvidia NVDEC acceleration. see what happens.

View attachment 103452
Tried that and restarted the cameras... pretty much no effect... still shows 46% with 4 1080p cameras and the web server running displaying 2 cameras in a browser... is that about the norm with this setup?
If I stop watching on the other browser then the cpu goes down to the high 20s.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried that and restarted the cameras... pretty much no effect... still shows 46% with 4 1080p cameras and the web server running displaying 2 cameras in a browser... is that about the norm with this setup?
If I stop watching on the other browser then the cpu goes down to the high 20s.
Its the norm with a weak processor like yours and the load you are putting on the system with the webserver coupled with your inability to limit frame rates and use a substream.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh ok.. well, it'll have to do until I can get something better.
Quick question with regards to the bandwidth utilization. So I have 4 cameras in blue iris.. and Im watching 2 of those cameras in another room via the browser... does that count as 2 more cameras as far using bandwidth?... meaning, it would be the same as If I had 6 cameras using bandwidth on my network?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
oh ok.. well, it'll have to do until I can get something better.
Quick question with regards to the bandwidth utilization. So I have 4 cameras in blue iris.. and Im watching 2 of those cameras in another room via the browser... does that count as 2 more cameras as far using bandwidth?... meaning, it would be the same as If I had 6 cameras using bandwidth on my network?
there are two different bandwidths of concern, 1 is wifi 1 is total network bandwidth including wired. A bunch of wifi cams will be problematic. If your are transmitting the date to the remote device over wifi it will add to the wifi bandwidth being used but it wont be the same as 2 extra cams - it will depend on the bitrate ui3 is using. If the remote device is wired its irrelevant.
You can buy a used pc that can easily handle this load and be much more power efficient that your current system for 100 bux.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
there are two different bandwidths of concern, 1 is wifi 1 is total network bandwidth including wired. A bunch of wifi cams will be problematic. If your are transmitting the date to the remote device over wifi it will add to the wifi bandwidth being used but it wont be the same as 2 extra cams - it will depend on the bitrate ui3 is using. If the remote device is wired its irrelevant.
You can buy a used pc that can easily handle this load and be much more power efficient that your current system for 100 bux.
Oh really? so If I use ethernet for the remote cameras then it won't use the bandwidth?
I am actually using a Firestick connected to a Tv, so Im watching the 2 cameras using its browser... that firestick is connected to wifi..but I can connect it using ethernet.