Le new Hikvision 4MP" DS-2CD3345-I Turret

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok...I just ordered a Hikvision "4MP" DS-2CD3345-I 4mm turret for $87.00 including free shipping. I know. Too good to be true and I'm about to get royally screwed. I was drinking.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/security-HD-new-V5-0-Day-Night-Dome-Network-IP-Camera-DS-2CD3332-I-support-power/1623080766.html
Lo and behold...it arriveth!

I've configured around 18 HIK 2CDxxxx cams over the past several years so I plugged this new camera into a spare POE switch and set a PC on the same segment to 192.0.0.100. I loaded the Hikvision SADP application on the local PC which reported the camera sitting at 192.0.0.64, as expected. I loaded a browser session on the PC and navigated to 192.0.0.64 and was presented with the Hikvision camera logon screen, as expected. I entered UID "Admin" and pwd "12345" (without the quotation marks) and encountered a bad login message upon submission. "Qrap"...said I. Googled the issue and tried a half dozen alternative passwords (thinking Hikvision may have changed the default password recently). No joy. After 45 minutes of banging my head against the wall I figured that the seller had reset the default password and failed to divulge it (or maybe I missed the notice, although IDTS). Rather than email the seller (bad waiter here) I navigated to bp2008's Hikvision Camera Admin Password Reset Tool and executed his brilliant work. Which worked! Truly exceptional work: kudos and many roses laid in your path brother. Reset the new camera's password to my Super Secret Squirrel Handshake and I'm in. I have some cable on order to mount this camera at an outside location so I won't have any meaningful pictures until that happens. The camera is presently mounted in our server room doing watch the wall duty. The only observation I have is that BI zoom-in's appear to have a lot more detail that my 3MP Hikvision turrets or 2MP mini-bullets. The only other comment is that the new plastic chassis looks frail when compared to the metal chassis of my older 3MP Hikvision turrets. Can't argue with the price though; I'm going to order another another but this time in 2.8mm.

Thanks for lending an ear.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I've configured around 18 HIK 2CDxxxx cams over the past several years so I plugged this new camera into a spare POE switch and set a PC on the same segment to 192.0.0.100. I loaded the Hikvision SADP application on the local PC which reported the camera sitting at 192.0.0.64, as expected. I loaded a browser session on the PC and navigated to 192.0.0.64 and was presented with the Hikvision camera logon screen, as expected. I entered UID "Admin" and pwd "12345" (without the quotation marks) and encountered a bad login message upon submission. "Qrap"...said I. Googled the issue and tried a half dozen alternative passwords (thinking Hikvision may have changed the default password recently). No joy. After 45 minutes of banging my head against the wall I figured that the seller had reset the default password and failed to divulge it (or maybe I missed the notice, although IDTS). Rather than email the seller (bad waiter here) I navigated to bp2008's Hikvision Camera Admin Password Reset Tool and executed his brilliant work. Which worked! Truly exceptional work: kudos and many roses laid in your path brother. Reset the new camera's password to my Super Secret Squirrel Handshake and I'm in. I have some cable on order to mount this camera at an outside location so I won't have any meaningful pictures until that happens. The camera is presently mounted in our server room doing watch the wall duty. The only observation I have is that BI zoom-in's appear to have a lot more detail that my 3MP Hikvision turrets or 2MP mini-bullets. The only other comment is that the new plastic chassis looks frail when compared to the metal chassis of my older 3MP Hikvision turrets. Can't argue with the price though; I'm going to order another another but this time in 2.8mm.

Did you get any issues with the white flashing like the 2042's? I'm looking into getting some turrets but haven't seen these before until now. The night is supposed to more even distributed compared to the standard IRs on the other cameras. BTW, that link you quoted from your post no longer works, maybe the seller stopped selling it?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I still haven't installed it, so I don't have much experience with it yet. It's going outside up 26 feet on the side of a building and I decided to go with 2.8mm instead of the 4mm this particular camera came with...so I ordered another unit, but this time in 2.8mm. I don't want to have to climb 26 feet twice...so I'm waiting for the new order to come in before I install. :eek:range:

Here's the link to the seller's store...

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/810031

CaliCam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Q2U

Thanks for the link and feedback, did your new turret come with the Hikvision logo or was it unbranded. I ask because in the link you reference I noticed that the camera had none. Also was it shipped in the brown box or red and white OEM Hik box? I'm just curious as I'm thinking about placing an order at this price.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here some photos of the 4mm DS-2CD3345-I which I purchased from this Ali vendor..as you an easily see it's all Chinese...and the documentation inside the box is all Chinese also...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

The new Hikvision default password is 123456789abc

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here some photos of the 4mm DS-2CD3345-I which I purchased from this Ali vendor..as you an easily see it's all Chinese...and the documentation inside the box is all Chinese also...
I was wondering if you had a chance to play with these new 4MP turrets? I got the 4MP bullets and they weren't that great of an experience. I had white flashing issues with mine. The price for $82 is not bad at all and it's cheaper than LTS ones. I'm debating either getting these Chinese ones or getting the ones from Aliexpress.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could get 2xx5 which are metal as opposed to the plastic 3xx5. But awesome price :)

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could get 2xx5 which are metal as opposed to the plastic 3xx5. But awesome price :)
Is that a china only thing or available in the US also? $82 is pretty cheap for the turret.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think they are intended for Chinese market.

edit: I mean any 2xx5/3xx5

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I swapped out a 2332 for a 3335 for a few days but ended up sticking with the 2332. The 3335 provided a better daytime image, as you would expect with its higher pixel count, but was horrible for night movement. Just a slow walk created ghosting so bad that you couldn't make out a face 10 feet (3M) in front of the camera until you came to a complete stop. Increasing the shutter speed helped but then the EXIR LED couldn't provide enough IR light. If you have external IR lights or just a lot of external lighting at night for the 3335 then it may be a good choice. But for me, I'm sticking with the 3MP 2332 cams.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've now ordered a DS-2CD2342WD-I 4MP (with the metal bracket I believe) @ $168.68 with free shipping

I have now received two (2) DS-2CD3345-I 4MP (with the plastic bracket) @ $85.50 with free shipping.

I'm just starting to play with the two (2) DS-2CD3345-I cams.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This statement confuses me because "the AliExpress ones" ARE the Chinese ones.
Sorry, I meant either from China or from LTS. I'm not sure if the ones from LTS are metal or plastic, but they are asking $129 for them (3MP turret) or $149 for the 4MP turret.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I swapped out a 2332 for a 3335 for a few days but ended up sticking with the 2332. The 3335 provided a better daytime image, as you would expect with its higher pixel count, but was horrible for night movement. Just a slow walk created ghosting so bad that you couldn't make out a face 10 feet (3M) in front of the camera until you came to a complete stop. Increasing the shutter speed helped but then the EXIR LED couldn't provide enough IR light. If you have external IR lights or just a lot of external lighting at night for the 3335 then it may be a good choice. But for me, I'm sticking with the 3MP 2332 cams.
Thanks for the feedback. I think I might go with the 3MP myself. How is the plastic build vs the metal one? i'm debating which one to get.

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm not a fan at all of the new plastic mount. Read this https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6033-Flush-mounting-of-new-4MP-DS-2CD3345-I-vs-older-3MP-DS-2CD2332-I-turret-cams

Also, it is easy to steal the cam in the plastic mount, simply turn the bezel (or collar, ring, whatever it is called) to the left, remove the bezel and pull on the camera ball housing which is held in by snap clips, and the camera is gone. The metal mount forces you to to also remove the bezel and then the focus lock screw to remove the camera holder from base, that extra step seems to make it more secure. Plus, the metal base feels like quality, the plastic one not so much.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I think I might go with the 3MP myself. How is the plastic build vs the metal one? i'm debating which one to get.
The plastic bracket is not even close to the quality of the metal bracket -- however -- in my opinion it looks like the plastic bracket will work well enough to hold the camera in place without any worries...and isn't that the bottom line? But there is absolutely no doubt that the metal bracket is HIGHLY preferable. Here is a picture of the plastic bracket...

Attachments

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the camera is to be mounted with a hole behind it for its connector (as in your picture) and high enough away from the ground that it cannot be reached by someone wanting to steal it, then the plastic mount is probably adequate. Keep in mind that if the camera is mounted say under a soffit 10' (3M) high, then two people can easily reach it without a ladder as one gives the other a lift. The plastic mounted camera is much easier to remove without tools.

Another big drawback is that the turret can EASILY be turned by hand in the plastic mount. It is next to impossible to turn the turret in the metal mount.

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The ghosting on the 4MP is from the DNR. Turn it down to 50%