Laview LV-N9616D6E, LV-N9508Q8E, LV-N998932D6E, Lastest Firmware 4.40.015, GUI 4!

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since you're on firmware 3.96, I would factory reset the nvr, push the latest firmware to the nvr, then factory reset it again and you should be golden.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Got NVR version 4 , 4.40.15 running and Hik-Connect app running on my Android!

Next up is ditching the LaView firmware on my 11 cams. I am sure I will be back here for guidance! thanks again

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is more advanced involving a python 2.7, a tftp script, and a poe router but I can teach you if your tech savvy.

None of my laview cams have the priority firmware.

Thanks for the tips. Got NVR version 4 , 4.40.15 running and Hik-Connect app running on my Android!

Next up is ditching the LaView firmware on my 11 cams. I am sure I will be back here for guidance! thanks again

mike12086

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking for some guidance. I have the LV-N9616D6E which came bundled with dome and bullet cameras. I wanted to add some 4k cameras to it which brought me here. I upgraded the firmware without issue but now I'm only seeing my bullet cameras and not the domes. I had a unused one (brand new) and tried to plug that in and same thing. I proceeded to try the camera reset shown in the video a page back and it still will not connect. Is there something I am missing? Dome model is LV-PD514028C.

Censo

n3wb
Reaction score
@bsocko thank you for the OEM firmware, however my attempts to reflash LV-N9508Q8E failed, I tried LV firmware from LV-N9600 and all OEM files in this post with no luck, via web or using USB flash drive. All say that firmware is not compatible. Looking at the devices, N9508 is different from N9600 (latter has alarm ports on the back). And also original firmware file for N9508 is only 21MB in size, not 39MB as for N9600, which makes me think it is a simplifed version.

Do you have a possibiity to lookup another OEM firmware for N9508? The original LV firmware is here maybe it can provide some clues.

What I also found in this firmware file is reference to the platform:
HIKVISON K74 Platform Board
hisilicon,hi3536c

Censo

n3wb
Reaction score
HIKVISON K74 Platform Board
hisilicon,hi3536c
I managed to find correct firmware for my LV-N9508Q8E. It was a clone of Hikvision 7608ni-k2/8p NVR. So I connected a serial port from my Raspberry Pi 4 and reflashed firmware from the link below. Latest firmware updates from LaView site were not compatible, so my guess is there were several incompatible Hikvision models released by LaView under one name.

Main board in my NVR looks like below (and its firmware contains strings "HIKVISON K74 Platform Board" and "hisilicon,hi3536c". Hope it helps someone else.
IMG_20220812_220326.jpg

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
but these (LaView) cameras are proprietary
Not sure this is true at all. LaView follows the ONVIF specification. As such Blue Iris and I am sure many other systems can run with these cameras.

I originally bought the NVR below and ran it for about 5 years. Then I moved to Blue Iris and all 6 LaView cameras very easily connected to Blue Iris and were/are fully functional.

This is the NVR I got:

This is one of the 6 cameras I got. It was a mix of bullet and dome. 4MP and 8MP. This is just an example of one of them. It has been running now for over 7 years. I just replaced it yesterday with a 2MP Dahua and the night time performance increase (last night being the first night) was so much better I am blown away.
I like LaView and cut my teeth with that brand so not knocking it at all. Their 8MP cameras are not bad for daytime. Still have 2 bullets running outside. But man the Dahua 2MP blew the LaView away for night time performance!! Tad shocking how much of a difference actually.

This is one of the LaView dome cameras I have been running. First on LaView NVR and then on Blue Iris:

Anyway, just wanted to point out that LaView respects the ONVIF spec and their cameras are not “all proprietary junk” as they will work with other ONVIF components.

gymgeek

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to find correct firmware for my LV-N9508Q8E. It was a clone of Hikvision 7608ni-k2/8p NVR. So I connected a serial port from my Raspberry Pi 4 and reflashed firmware from the link below. Latest firmware updates from LaView site were not compatible, so my guess is there were several incompatible Hikvision models released by LaView under one name.

Main board in my NVR looks like below (and its firmware contains strings "HIKVISON K74 Platform Board" and "hisilicon,hi3536c". Hope it helps someone else.
View attachment 136420
I'm in the same boat with this model. I wasn't able to upgrade it via the web GUI. It gives a very generic "Upgrading failed" error message. I'm assuming laview has it locked down from loading the hikvision firmware. Can you explain how you used the Raspberry Pi to flash it via serial?

Nasz

n3wb
Reaction score
Not working for me alas....

This is my current firmware etc.,

My firmware version is higher than the v.3.4.96 you mention, but your build is higher than mine. Hence I tried it nonetheless - thought it didn't work

Tried the v4.40.0014 build 2000707 - that didn't work either.

Screenshot 2023-03-24 150457.png

gymgeek

n3wb
Reaction score
I was finally able to upgrade my LV-N9508Q8E thanks to the info supplied by Censo in this thread, and the guide on updating firmware via console.

Details:
I followed that guide and was able to get console access to the NVR after some trial and error. Pin 1 of the TTL header (white arrow on the PCB points to pin 1) is actually VCC (3.3v) and not the ground. Pin 4 is the ground. Pin 3 is TX. Pin 2 is RX. So, it's backwards from the guide. After that, I could interrupt the boot process with control+U, but then I just got a # prompt that would accept any text and and just return another # prompt. I found on page 2 of the guide the command setenv bootcmd ';update' which kicked off the upgrade process. Yay! From there, I was able to TFTP the firmware to the NVR.

The next issue was that all the firmware versions posted in this thread would not load. Here is what the console looked like at that point:

HKVS $ setenv bootcmd ';update'
timeout for link [5000]!
MAC: 14-2F-FD-0F-A5-ED
TFTP from server 192.0.0.128; our IP address is 192.0.0.64
Download Filename 'digicap.dav'.
Download to address: 0x83000000
Downloading: #################################################
done
Bytes transferred = 42719696 (28bd9d0 hex)
file header error, filenums:748494393
The board info: language - 0x1 device_class - 0x5DC oemCode - 0x13952
upgrade packet mismatch, please select correct packet
Can not find correct packet for upgrade, give up!!!

After trying every single version of code attached in this thread, I tried a version from the link Censo posted. These would actually load! Yay again! However, once booted, the NVR would beep 5 times every 30 seconds or so. I thought something was broken, so I tried multiple versions of the code on that hikvision page, but all with the same result. I even rolled back to the LaView version and confirmed the beeps went away. Then, I discovered the beeps were just an alarm for the HDD, which now was in an error state and needed to be formatted. Evidently, the LaView firmware defaults to this alarm being turned off. You can disable it in the Hikvision version under Configuration > Event > Exception > HDD Error (in the drop down) > uncheck audible warning. You can also just format the drive so it shows a "normal" status under Configuration > Storage > Storage Management.

At this point, the NVR seems to be working with the original LaView cameras. One problem though - the web GUI will not show the camera video at all. The video does work when viewing with the HDMI output. Google results make me think the live view is displaying the stream directly from the camera which won't work without viewing in IE with the plugin installed (which is no longer available on v 4.30.085 that I installed). The main reason I wanted to upgrade was to be able to view the live stream and playback in a modern browser on a modern OS. sigh Looks like I now get to investigate upgrading the firmware on the laview cameras themselves. Hopefully that is possible. I also need to try remote access to see if Hik-Connect works okay.

Hope this helps somebody else!

Jimmy8881

n3wb
Reaction score

View attachment 136420
would you happen to remember what is the pinout on that board ? i have exactly that same board but i dont have a multimeter at the moment.

rpierce

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this new firmware will work on LV-N9516D6E-T3?

My current firmware is V3.4.97 Build 180328

It seems the same as some others have listed. So maybe compatible?

I think the last Microsoft patch may have killed off the ability to connect via Internet Explorer. It now just says it needs to install a plugin, which it already has.

I have a new spare NVR that I can try this firmware update on if it is compatible. I would like to keep using the system if possible.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!

Nolvinr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi bsocko, thanks for getting back. My NVR is basically bricked at this point. I can't log in, there are like 15 usernames (idk why) with those ascii characters you talked about. I tried resetting the password using the app and using the password reset tool and it didn't work. I tried flashing firmware using this guide many times and it's not working. I took apart my cameras again to see if I can reset them and there is no reset button. It does have the four pin JST ZH header, but I don't have its firmware. These cameras say they are ONVIF in the specs, but I highly doubt it because there is no log in page when I connect to a computer. Now I have a bricked NVR and 9 IP cameras that are useless. I would have liked to at least use these cameras with Surveillance Station on my Synology NAS, but these cameras are proprietary. I don't know what to do. After this experience, I don't want to buy another NVR this time around because they are all proprietary junk with no support. They are unsafe to open to the internet, and it's a big scam.
I found a firmware for that camera , its the same like Hikvision DS-2CD1041-1