LaView 4MP IP Dome Camera Night Vision Quality..

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have (4) LaView cameras.. I have (3) 4MP HD Matrix IR IP Bullet Security Camera's (LV-PBM3940) for about a year and I just got a 4MP IP Dome Camera (LV-PD514028C)..

The Dome Camera I mounted on my house on the second story and was a major PITA to mount it (had to borrow ladder tall enough, heavy AF, etc)..

Anywho, when I adjusted the camera it looked good during day.. But, the IR it looks horrible.. They said to "Try wiping the lens with a small microfiber towel and let us know if there is any difference".. I will try that, however, I have to borrow the ladder again and I wanted to ask here thoughts before doing so as it's a PITA..

Also, look at 4MP HD Matrix IR IP Bullet Security Camera - 1.jpg.. It also has bad IR quality..

Thanks for any replies..

4MP IP Dome Camera.jpg
4MP HD Matrix IR IP Bullet Security Camera - 3.jpg 4MP HD Matrix IR IP Bullet Security Camera - 2.jpg 4MP HD Matrix IR IP Bullet Security Camera - 1.jpg

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Son of a bitch!! Thanks for the reply..

The 4MP is out of stock..

The 8MP is pricey..

So frustrating they didn't let me know that before I put.. I even did a live chat with LaView.. The 8MP is 105* whereas the 4MP says is 85*? Wonder if that's accurate..

Wonder what the issue with my other camera is then, that is a bullet (last pic towards the pool)..

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try cleaning the lens. Or it may be IR glare from soffit/facia.

Not sure what 105* is.

kmccb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try cleaning the lens. Or it may be IR glare from soffit/facia.

Not sure what 105* is.
105 / 85 is the viewing angle.

Can you recommend a 8/4MP turret?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Search these forums there are plenty of recommendations. The higher the MP the lower the night vision capability. Hik makes a good low light turret 3MP it’s model is 2335. Dahua makes some good low light cameras that have been discussed on these forums.