Latest BI lost PTZ

TrailRider

n3wb
Reaction score
When I updated from 64 bit Blueiris v. 5.5.9.2 to v. 5.5.9.3, I lost PTZ function on my Dahua SD49225H-HN camera. Rolling back to 5.5.9.2 restored operation. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Running on Windows 10, 64 bit.

TrailRider

n3wb
Reaction score
I have it configured to use generic ONVIF, which has been working for years. I tried changing to Dahua with no luck either.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Under the PTZ/Control tab I recommend the Dahua New V4 protocol. That should be fully functional with that model of camera.

Dahua New V4 also lets you use 3D positioning which is really handy.

3D positioning works best in UI3. Click on the video with middle mouse button and the camera will re-center upon the spot you clicked. Draw a box left-to-right to zoom in (it tries to match the field of view to the area you drew a box around). Draw right-to-left to zoom out.

If you don't have a middle mouse button, you can click the "Toggle 3D Positioning" button in UI3 first, then use the left mouse button. Or hold CTRL and use the left mouse button. Blue Iris's local console has only very primitive 3D positioning support which requires you to hold CTRL and press the left mouse button, and you can't draw boxes, it always zooms in a little bit.