Laid-Back Patriots

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow...even has a wheelchair in the trailer.

That gravel at his left front tire...is he diggin' out or braking hard? :idk:
The trike was moving pretty fast. It had just come down a hill and across a smooth flat bridge before hitting the gravel. The gravel is being kicked up by the wheels as he plows through it. I have not seen the trike before so he is probably not from this area. I imagine that he was surprised by the gravel.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I am confused. What is with the wheelchair in the trailer? If both can peddle, why would they need a wheelchair?
Maybe is for their kid to sit there when they design that thing, or when the wife is tired she can go sit on the wheelchair and relax.

robpur

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well I am confused. What is with the wheelchair in the trailer? If both can peddle, why would they need a wheelchair?
Neurological disorders can leave a person with a reasonable amount of strength in their legs, but they may lack the muscle control, coordination or balance to walk. This sometimes happens with stroke victims. Also, just because a person is in a wheelchair that does not mean that they can't walk. However, walking may be painful for them so they only walk short distances when necessary.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for people who make the best of their life despite what disability they have. A friend of mine hit some black ice about 15 years ago and rolled his truck 3 times. He's now a parapalegic which has been very hard for him as he was 38 at the time of his accident, very active and owned a landscaping business that he started from nothing and grew it to 6 trucks and almost 20 employees.

But I have to hand it to him, he still has his Harley! Put a sidecar and electronic shifter on it. Climbs on it himself, straps his legs together with an old belt and off he goes. Does 80% of the work on his 26 acres and spends 6 months a
Neurological disorders can leave a person with a reasonable amount of strength in their legs, but they may lack the muscle control, coordination or balance to walk. This sometimes happens with stroke victims. Also, just because a person is in a wheelchair that does not mean that they can't walk. However, walking may be painful for them so they only walk short distances when necessary.
I had no idea and always assumed that paraplegic or quadriplegic meant no movement in the limbs. Until I met my now friend who is a para.

He can walk with a walker but a chair is faster. Still rides his Harley with a sidecar and electric shifter. Ties his legs together with an old belt.

His quad buddy Bungie jumps!

I really have a lot of respect for people with disabilities and refuse to surrender to said disability.