Kids egging our cars

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is the best video I have of the kids egging our cars. My Hiki 2032s with 4mm just don't give me much usable detail at night time. I'm adding a new DS-2CD2632F-IS so I can get a closer look at the street/cars will this camera with varifocal lens give me more detail? I also have 2 tri-illuminators coming from Wrightwood to add more light at the street. I hope this will give me more detail to identify make and model of cars. Maybe a LP reading set up is needed also. Any suggestions for camera settings or set ups that could be added would be greatly appreciated.

The other angle from other camera

Last edited by a moderator:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Drive-by egging? What happened to buying 6 dozen eggs and standing there till you've throw them all.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
2632 still uses the same mediocre sensor. You'll like this one- http://www.hikvision.com/us/Products_1_10514_i7669.html

Quite a bit more money than the low end Hiks but MUCH better results on moving vehicles and people, particularly if you shorten the night exposure speed.

You could add a 25mm lens to that 2032 and reuse it for reading plates at night and getting closeups of vehicles in the daytime. More IR will help it in its current job as well but won't perform miracles.