K42 vs T2431TM AS

mad-maks

n3wb
Reaction score
Need help choosing between those 2 cameras

Application: basement media room

My understanding is that 2431 has a better performance in the dark, but otherwise cameras are compatible. Any reason to choose one over another? Will be using with BlueIris

Input is greatly appreciated!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just finished installing a IMOU K42 cube camera this past week. There are two models of the IMOU K42 camera one supports POE and one supports WIFI, both supports hardwired ethernet. I have an older version of this cube camera and it worked well and was easy to setup, behaved just like a dahua camera.

The New version of this camera is a major PIA to setup on BI. When hardwired plugged with an ethernet cable to the network, it does not have an IP address. You need to scan the QR code on the back of the camera with IMOULIFE app from your phone to get it to work. The app communicates to the camera and assigns an IP address.

This to me is a major security risk. I do not use the cloud or QR codes or Chinese APPs on my phone. I will not buy IMOU products again.

I currently have 8 cube cameras a mix of IMOU, dahua and Hikvision. I like the cube cameras of inside the house, easy to just set on a shelf and at a quick glance do not look like a camera. Night vision is OK.

Last edited:

mad-maks

n3wb
Reaction score
@SouthernYankee, I ended up ordering K42 and so far, so good. I got the POE version and it seems its the older version.

Also, looking at your list of "suggested" cameras and after consulting with IPVM will be ordering a few from Andy.