Just Saw A Mountain Lion

mcapeed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I saw one in N Dallas area a few years back. No question what it was. Long tail, large animal. Got a picture of the paw print in the snow……was massive. Those in denial said it was a bobcat LOL. Having spent 10 yrs in AZ, I know what a mountain lion looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Decided to post another video that adds a split screen image showing the size difference between this Mountain Lion and a neighbor's cat. The split screen appears right after the closeup. Other than that, the videos are the same.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen 2 in person in my life. Both from moving cars. and both just short enough to question your sanity. But yeah that looks like the ones i"ve seen.
Thankfully I paid enough attention to Mutual of Omaha's wild Kingdom on Saturday mornings to learn me something about Cats.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
We have one running around the east side of Oklahoma City, it has been spotted several times on
security cameras. It appears the same cat covers a huge area.

Pictures have hit the news several times over the last 3-4 years..

We have at least one bob cat that I have caught on camera a few times. My son was hunting in a make shift
ground blind. His feet were sticking out right on the edge of the trail when a bob cat walked past.
He said he never moved, and they eyed each other the entire time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen 2 in person in my life. Both from moving cars. and both just short enough to question your sanity. But yeah that looks like the ones i"ve seen.
Thankfully I paid enough attention to Mutual of Omaha's wild Kingdom on Saturday mornings to learn me something about Cats.
I have never seen a Mountain Lion in the wild. Bob cats and some other types of cats, which I only got a glimpse of in Southern Arizona and the Mojave Desert.