Just received IPC_5449T1P-ASE-D-3.2mm dual lens from Andy Most Impressed with the prompt service and the camera

Cooltiger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ordered camera April28 it was delivered to rural NSW (Australia) May4
I set it up next temporarily next to a HikView Ds-2CD2365G1-1 Darkfighter 6mp

This is a moonlit night picture in both colour and black and white
HikVis pic at the same time

Finally a street view with a bit more light from a IPC-5442T-ZE
The gates are about 28 metres from the cameras
There is a Lonnky 6watt IR light helping the cameras in the yard ( been operating since Feb 2021)
I cannot see where the picture is stitched

1683335051443.png

1683335184356.png
1683335473217.png

1683335552980.png

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
For the daytime, consider playing with WDR, HLC and BLC but no higher than 10 on either WDR or HLC. It should help deal with the shadows and you can see what's going on under the roofs.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For the daytime, consider playing with WDR, HLC and BLC but no higher than 10 on either WDR or HLC. It should help deal with the shadows and you can see what's going on under the roofs.

These are nighttime images with the top camera obviously at default/auto settings so it will be complete motion blur LOL

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot see where the picture is stitched
That camera doesn't do stitching like a panoramic multi-sensor cam does. If it is the camera I'm thinking of, it probably can blend the grayscale and color images together into one video depending on available light.

Interestingly the grayscale image appears to not be capturing infrared. You can easily tell because of the Hik camera with the same view that definitely is capturing IR.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
These are nighttime images with the top camera obviously at default/auto settings so it will be complete motion blur LOL
Holy cow. Can't believe I missed that! Incredible image for nighttime.

I've been watching Wildcat's reviews of this camera but this just sold me! Need to pick up a couple!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Holy cow. Can't believe I missed that! Incredible image for nighttime.

I've been watching Wildcat's reviews of this camera but this just sold me! Need to pick up a couple!
I can make a cheap $40 camera look like noon at midnight LOL by slowing down the shutter and cranking up gain and brightness.

It is what happens with motion that is important.

Keep in mind if the image above is on default settings (which I suspect it is), motion will be a different thing...

Now I have one of these cameras and it is a cool camera, but like every camera, it has its place.

This camera is no exception and there are right applications for it, and some wrong ones.

I think this camera works well in the following conditions:
  • An overview camera where IDENTIFY is not the primary purpose, but want the ability to obtain color video without a lot of ambient light. I can run this at a much faster shutter than other overview cams and get color with minimal/no blur.
  • A camera with light sources that are way in front of the camera and behind the person. Any situation where a backlight situation happens that would provide a dark/black silhouette. Perhaps an offset of a house where the floodlights would be well ahead of the camera. My last example and Wildcats are great examples of a situation that this camera would do very well in.
  • An area that you want color, have a little bit of ambient light, but do not want the LED camera lights on like what is needed for the 4K/X.
  • Those wanting a turret version for the smaller form factor.

Based on the images you have posted and the amount of light you are using, I don't think this is the right camera for you LOL.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I can make a cheap $40 camera look like noon at midnight LOL by slowing down the shutter and cranking up gain and brightness.

Keep in mind if the image above is on default settings (which I suspect it is), motion will be a different thing...

Now I have one of these cameras and it is a cool camera, but like every camera, it has its place.

This camera is no exception and there are right applications for it, and some wrong ones.

• An overview camera where IDENTIFY is not the primary purpose, but want the ability to obtain color video without a lot of ambient light. I can run this at a much faster shutter than other overview cams and get color with minimal/no blur.
  • A camera with light sources that are way in front of the camera and behind the person. Any situation where a backlight situation happens that would provide a dark/black silhouette. Perhaps an offset of a house where the floodlights would be well ahead of the camera. My last example and Wildcats are great examples of a situation that this camera would do very well in.
  • An area that you want color, have a little bit of ambient light, but do not want the LED camera lights on like what is needed for the 4K/X.

Based on the images you have posted and the amount of light you are using, I don't think this is the right camera for you LOL.
I have some cams covering less-than-ideal areas with regards to visible light at night. Without making my place look like a prison, I think the 5449 would do a decent job of using the available visible light and combining it with IR from the camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have some cams covering less-than-ideal areas with regards to visible light at night. Without making my place look like a prison, I think the 5449 would do a decent job of using the available visible light and combining it with IR from the camera.
In that case yes LOL. But based on what we have seen to date, you certainly aren't lacking in the light department LOL

Cooltiger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

You are correct about the camera being on default at the present.
I intend to move this camera to a yard and set it up as a trigger for a PTZ camera. There is low lighting at that site.
I was hoping to use this camera to also detect vehicle and clothing colour to add info to intruder details gained from PTZ black and white pics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Interestingly the grayscale image appears to not be capturing infrared. You can easily tell because of the Hik camera with the same view that definitely is capturing IR.
Yes, the grass in the grayscale image should be the same color as the drive area like in the Hik pic, not black.

Please walk this at night in color and post a still so we can see how the image is with movement.

Cooltiger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That camera doesn't do stitching like a panoramic multi-sensor cam does. If it is the camera I'm thinking of, it probably can blend the grayscale and color images together into one video depending on available light.

It was dark when I put the camera up as I just received it and still at default settings. I am impressed how the house colours are fairly accurate. I assume the AI set the colours as there was no white light to help the camera. The light inside the house was 3 x 5watt downlights in the kitchen.

Cooltiger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the grass in the grayscale image should be the same color as the drive area like in the Hik pic, not black.

Please walk this at night in color and post a still so we can see how the image is with movement.
The drive stones are white is probably the reason for the tone difference.
Here is a daytime pic I have done a little setting of the camera.
1683413783650.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It was dark when I put the camera up as I just received it and still at default settings. I am impressed how the house colours are fairly accurate. I assume the AI set the colours as there was no white light to help the camera. The light inside the house was 3 x 5watt downlights in the kitchen.
The way the camera works (to a point) is that the color lens will slow way down and crank gain up to pick up color and then the infrared/B/W lens is used for detail.

Then the camera overlays the color on top to produce the color image.

So the infrared/B&W lens on default settings is also helping to aid in the brightness of the image.

But at that setting, motion will be a complete blur.

But it is also a balancing act in that while the infrared/b&w lens shutter speed is set up to minimize blur, if it is too dark, it will still suffer from blur when it tries to overlay the color on top. What the camera is supposed to do at that point is resort to a b/w image of the object in motion like Wildcat showed in his example:

1683414516222.png

But if you are using it as observation to get color and as a PTZ spotter cam, then it isn't as critical.

Cooltiger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally came back to this camera and moved it next to my IPC T5442T ZE as there is a bit more light.

I would appreciate any thoughts as to setting the cameras to optimise their settings.
The 5442 is a little disappointing as it looks noisy to my old eyes.

1684323523969.png

1684323548078.png1684323594906.pngI
The cameras are mounted 7 meters up. It is 75 metres from the cameras to the mailbox across the street.

1684324144792.png

1684324519211.png

1684324464660.png

Attachments

Last edited:

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The 5442 is a little disappointing as it looks noisy to my old eyes.
Looks like you're getting ir bounce back from the roof.

Edit: actually, after looking at your photo of where you have your cameras positioned you might be getting ir bounce back off the other camera.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Gamma setting seems to be way too high, maybe lower to around 35-40 and see if it help?