Just purchased a 7608NI-E2/A Few questions.

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally upgraded to a better decentish NVR for my home setup but have a few questions which I'm unsure of.

1.First is it possible to pass the audio through HDMI to a TV/Monitor or does it need to be connected to the RCA's audio out on the back?

2.The HDMI and VGA ports do these just mirror each other or is it possible to say have 4 cams split on one monitor (HDMI) and one feed on the separate VGA?

3.The VCA face detection on the NVR whenever it detects a face does it display a box and follow the face around when viewing over local HDMI or only through the web interface?

4.Ive noticed in the settings the NVR allows me to record directly to a NAS. Ive a Synology NAS in my loft which ideally id like the recorded footage stored on there. Does anyone have a guide on how I set this up on the NAS itself and the Synology? Ive enables the linux Unix option under NFS and I believed I have the Synology setup correct but I'm unsure on what IP I should be using on the HIKVISION? Are there any easy to follow guides?

Many thanks