Just ordered the IPC-HDW4431C-A

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice start! Are you using this as a live view camera or are you adding to your DVR/recorder?

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice start! Are you using this as a liveview camera or are you adding to to your DVR/recorder?
I already tried Blue Iris a couple of weeks ago with a webcam I have at work. I will buy it and plan to have at least two cameras...maybe 3-4. I already have two cables hidden at two corners of my roof...I did that SEVEN years ago, along with 20 ethernet jacks in the house. I bought two Poe injectors two months ago...and I read...read....read here. Maybe too much... :)

We have +35c here in the summer and we can have -35, -40c in winter. I think I will have a great time testing that!

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This forum is awesome for info as long as you do the searching for answers yourself. Some of the older crowd here will jump all over/be very condescending if you ask too many newb questions. I got started here too, have fun...good luck!

Ctaylor80

n3wb
Reaction score
I just installed mine! Bloody great camera im my opinion

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Ctaylor80

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine is outside out the front using a tplink poe injector. I am looking for a nvr at the moment either dahua nvr or pc with blueiris.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received mine a few days ago. I need it remotely installed to test the microphone. The picture is great. The unit is nice. Great ability to adjust and even has a nicer - albeit identical appearance - interface.Where will yours go?

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received mine a few days ago. I need it remotely installed to test the microphone. The picture is great. The unit is nice. Great ability to adjust and even has a nicer - albeit identical appearance - interface.Where will yours go?
"under the eaves" is the right word I think. Sorry I speak French. Fixed at one corner of the house on the soffit. My ethernet cables already there have been waiting for this for 7 years now. Can't wait to try this...

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ho! Now it's shipped. Took about 48 hours after the order.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine is installed in the corner. It works well, obviously it has a wider view than a corner (FOV > 90*) BUT it does a super job at first blush.

If it could be installed just above a door, it would probably be even better.
I like mine out of the way so and mounted it in the corner.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"Item has arrived in Canada" heeehaaaa

Not home yet.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look what we have here! Shipped in a record time if I compare with all other purchases from AliExpress.

Ordered on September 7th. Received at around noon on September 19th.

1474304156247.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered the 6mm lens. I think it's about the same field of view as the Logitech C320 webcam that I tried at the same spot.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I love it ! According to my non-scientific calculations and the "Camera Calculator" web site, it's more like ~44 degrees. It's almost exactly like the use of Google Maps on the web site.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The IPVM calculator is a guideline and is just plain wrong if you use 1/2.8" sensor size. Well, either that or is the only correct size and the ones smaller and larger are consistently wrong. I found my 6mm 3345-I cam's real world FOV matched the calculator much better if I used 1/2.5" sensor size instead of Hikvision's publicly claimed 1/3". Otherwise the FOV matched a lens closer to 4mm.

FrankOceanXray

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guidline is always helpful.

I wonder where the issue is.. in IPVM or spec sheets?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Haven't bothered to figure it out to tell you the truth. It'll work but ground truth a real cam example before trusting the numbers completely. I play with it for a rough guideline.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll put pictures and captures of this website when my first cam will be installed where I wanted. Hopefully this weekend. I would say it's a great estimation for the moment.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
My money is on nayr's 55 degrees being closer than IPVM's 44. I'll have a 4431C and some other Dahuas here soon to play with. Can't remember if the 4431C was ordered in 6 or 3.6mm. 6 I think.