Just installed four black IPC-B52IR-Z12E-S2 cameras

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The black IPC-B52IR-Z12E-S2 (Model IPC-B52IR-Z12EB-S2) camera on the left replaced an existing camera and is used for license plate capture. It's angle on license plates is not ideal due to the parking situation next door to my house, but it works.

The black IPC-B52IR-Z12E-S2 (Model IPC-B52IR-Z12EB-S2) camera at the corner of the garage area replaced an existing camera and is aimed way down the block so I can see what's coming my way before it gets to my house. It is especially useful in the early morning hours. That camera would be better served for license plate capture, but nothing I can do about it at this time. Not everyone parks vehicles in the garage. :banghead:

The Speco Technologies IR60 (third from left) is used as an infrared illuminator for the camera on the left. I've got to reposition it tonight to make it line up with the new camera on the left. Special thanks to Parley for his wonderful posts on the Speco Technologies products!

The Tendelux DI20B on the far right is used as an infrared illuminator for a license plate capture on the other side of the garage. It will probably be replaced shortly. Yes, I know it would be better to place the infrared illuminator closer to the camera it is used for, but there comes a point where I'm tired of drilling holes all over the place and want to use the holes that are already there. At one time the Tendelux DI20B was actually over on the other side of the garage, but I used the spot where it was to install another camera. :)
West Side Of Garage.JPG

The black IPC-B52IR-Z12E-S2 (Model IPC-B52IR-Z12EB-S2) camera in the center of the picture below replaced an existing camera and is aimed way down the block so I can see what's coming my way before it gets to my house. It is especially useful in the early morning hours when the lowlife slimebags are busy.

The black IPC-B52IR-Z12E-S2 (Model IPC-B52IR-Z12EB-S2) camera on the right replaced an existing camera and is used for license plate capture. I've got a great angle on that one for license plate capture.

East Side Of Garage -- 10-29-23.JPG

The black cameras blend in much better than the white cameras on houses with darker colors.

Last edited:

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Numerous changes since the initial October 29, 2023 post, so here's the update.

West side of garage -- left to right:
Iluminar IRC99-A60-24 IR Illuminator -- installed December 3, 2023; I need to get it aimed properly.
IPC-B52IR-Z12EB-S2 black Starlight Bullet Camera -- used for license plate capture; keep it in black and white 24/7/365.
IPC-B52IR-Z12EB-S2 black Starlight Bullet Camera -- aimed west way down the block; keep it in color 24/7/365.
Speco Technologies IR60 IR Illuminator -- will reaim it at a later date depending on where it will be most useful.
SD4A425DB-HNY Starlight PTZ Camera -- My fifteenth camera; installed in November 2023; keep it in color in daytime and black and white at night.

West Side Of Garage -- 12-04-23.JPG

Center of garage:
IPC-Color4K-T 3.6mm black Starlight Eyeball Camera -- keep it in color 24/7/365 courtesy of that intense LED daylight fixture below the camera.

Center of Garage -- 12-04-23.JPG

East side of garage -- left to right:
SD4A425DB-HNY Starlight PTZ Camera -- keep it in color in daytime and black and white at night.
IPC-B52IR-Z12EB-S2 black Starlight Bullet Camera -- aimed east way down the block; keep it in color 24/7/365.
IPC-B52IR-Z12EB-S2 black Starlight Bullet Camera -- used for license plate capture; keep it in black and white 24/7/365.
Iluminar IRC99-A60-24 IR Illuminator -- installed December 3, 2023; I need to get it aimed properly.

East Side Of Garage -- 12-04-23.JPG

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Finally some license plate captures from the two black IPC-B52IR-Z12E-S2 (Model IPC-B52IR-Z12EB-S2) cameras with one additional Iluminar IRC99-A60-24 IR Illuminator installed immediately next to each of them. Two of the four vehicles that came by my house between 11:00 P.M. and midnight on December 6, 2023 had both a front and rear license plate. All four vehicles had illumination around the license plates; none of the license plates were not illuminated. I will start making setting adjustments on the cameras at this point and see see what happens with vehicles that have no lighting around the license plates. So these four pictures are the starting point for me and not the end point.

The first and second pictures are of a vehicle moving from east to west; same goes for the third and fourth picture. The LPC East camera is picking up license plates much farther away than the LPC West camera. The LPC East camera has a more direct view of vehicles than does the LPC West camera which has a poor angle on vehicles due to view obstacles. No vehicles were moving from west to east during the one hour time period.

20231206_230322_ch8.jpg

20231206_230327_ch11.jpg

20231206_230929_ch8.jpg

20231206_230932_ch11.jpg

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Exposure settings?
LPC East:

CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneProfileDayNight
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneAI SSAModeOffOff
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneImageStyleStandardStandard
Brightness4050
Contrast6055
Saturation5050
Sharpness5040
Gamma5045
Flip0 degrees0 degrees
MirrorOffOff
EISOffOff
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneExposureAnti-flickerOutdoorOutdoor
ModeManualManual
Shutter
Shutter1/20001/2000
Gain0 - 300 - 50
Iris4535
Exposure Compensation5050
3D NROnOn
3D NR Level5040
2D NR Level5040
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneBacklightModeOffOff
Custom
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneWBModeAutoAuto
Red Gain
Blue Gain
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneDay/NightModeB/WB/W
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneFocus & ZoomFocus ModeManualManual
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneIlluminatorModeAutoManual
Compensation
Near Light100
Far Light100
Illumination Overexposure RemoverOffOff
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneDefogModeOffOff
Intensity
12-06-23

LPC West:

CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneProfileDayNight
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneAI SSAModeOffOff
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneImageStyleStandardStandard
Brightness5050
Contrast6055
Saturation5050
Sharpness5040
Gamma5045
Flip0 degrees0 degrees
MirrorOffOff
EISOffOff
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneExposureAnti-flickerOutdoorOutdoor
ModeManualManual
Shutter
Shutter1/20001/2000
Gain0 - 300 - 40
Iris4550
Exposure Compensation5050
3D NROnOn
3D NR Level5040
2D NR Level5040
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneBacklightModeOffOff
Custom
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneWBModeAutoAuto
Red Gain
Blue Gain
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneDay/NightModeB/WB/W
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneFocus & ZoomFocus ModeManualManual
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneIlluminatorModeAutoManual
Compensation
Near Light100
Far Light100
Illumination Overexposure RemoverOffOff
CameraImageWorking Mode -- Customized SceneDefogModeOffOff
Intensity
12-06-23

The following screen capture applies to both the LPC East camera and LPC West camera:

1701962001755.png

I expect unilluminated license plates may cause trouble with the settings above. I also have to check out vehicles moving from west to east at night. No telling what will happen tonight (December 7, 2023). At least things went well for one hour on December 6, 2023.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That LPC East could be tricky. I have a similar situation with a tree and shade spot. Constantly changing.
I haven't paid much attention at all to the recently installed license plate camera upgrades . . . not for daylight or night. Now that I have the Iluminar IRC99-A60-24 IR illuminators installed, I'm focusing attention to the license plate cameras. Yes, that tree shade is a slight problem right now. Many years ago, I offered to cut those evergreen trees down. They're out of place in West Texas and they're ugly.

Here are two pictures I just took of vehicles in the shaded area:

20231207_095009_ch8.jpg

20231207_095414_ch8.jpg

I've got to work on daytime/nighttime focusing on the license plate letters and numbers. Glad I'm retired and can spend time on stuff like this. :confused: