ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've got exact same certificate info as Honey Badger

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Just checked my Win 10 VM and I'm not seeing this error running BI 5.7.9.4

I also have a Win 11 VM running BI 5.7.8.3 that is running fine as well.

Might be you guys need to update to latest BI versions.

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Should be able to disable UAC and it will run? If you don't want to update.
my UAC has been disabled for years.. Been running BI4 from the day it was released without an issue

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is all I get related to thawte... I've got no "current user" tree like you... and none of the 3 thawte's expand into the info you have...

1692742213996.png

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Problem is surfacing in "another BI forum"... I was just doing a web search of expired certificates etc...

ncpilot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To be fair, the title of this thread is not very "searchable"... the one I started at least mentioned uac error... and the body of original post in this thread had no text.

I mean, now someone searching should find key words in the body of the replies...

When I said "another forum" I meant not ipcamtalk...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To be fair, the title of this thread is not very "searchable"... the one I started at least mentioned uac error... and the body of original post in this thread had no text.

I mean, now someone searching should find key words in the body of the replies...

Yeah I agree LOL. Maybe @Little Tlejunior can rename the title so we only get 5 more new threads :lmao:

Regardless of what it is named, people will still make new threads - look how many we had when BI sent a lot of people into Eval Mode a few months back!

Yeah I knew you meant another forum and not here LOL.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad I found this.I was about to post the same problem.:D Back up and running again.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder what repercussions are had by disabling UAC if any. I assume that is part of the overall security features of Windows OS.
I would assume it is somewhat comparable to turning off Windows updates and excluding BI and associated files from virus protection software.

Always a risk, but probably minimized if the computer is only used for BI and one isn't surfing the net and downloading and installing programs.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I haven't updated for years so I haven't got this problem. I'm about to changeover computers, so who knows, maybe I'll come across this issue, but nice to know it's an issue and it's not me coming across it not knowing it's an issue, if that makes sense.

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

What solutions have they come up with on the other thread? Can you share the link?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What solutions have they come up with on the other thread? Can you share the link?
They haven't provided a solution in that other forum (other forums aren't linked here as it will be removed) and the solution above works...

Mark R

n3wb
Reaction score
As Honey Badger noted, an elevated command prompt got me running BI again.

Will be interested in a "real solution" to this issue :confused:

chmenke

n3wb
Reaction score
Simple workaround: download FileUnsigner and drag-drop the BlueIrisAdmin.exe file on FileUnsigner.exe, and it will remove the digital signature. UAC will no longer complain or prevent you from running BI console.

This is probably a better idea than completely disabling a Windows security feature via gpedit or regedit.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am assuming that if you updated BI it would update the certificate?

And if so, if you rollback would that certificate remain or would it revert back to?

Is it possible to pull an active/valid certificate from another computer?