Junction box ethernet grommet?

Reaction score
Now I just need to figure out how to mount my cameras to the junction box lid. The lid of the junction box is only threaded on the top, not all the way through. The only way I can figure to screw the camera to the lid would be to somehow remove the camera turret ball and screw to the lid from inside the camera casing but I don't know how to remove the camera turret ball?
1702607708103.png
1702607716176.png

Reaction score
It wasn't obvious at first but the Empiretech camera's ball turret can be detached from the base plate, which allows you to connect the base plate to the junction box lid. So the junction box has to be mounted to the soffit/wall/pole or whatever first, then you attach the camera base w/o the camera ball turret, then you attach the camera to the base and aim/align.

Not all that convenient, though not terribly complicated however without instructions I had to work through it. In the end I feel it makes the cameras a little more secure and definitely more weatherproof.
1702616670837.png1702616677176.png
1702616683738.png

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
It wasn't obvious at first but the Empiretech camera's ball turret can be detached from the base plate, which allows you to connect the base plate to the junction box lid. So the junction box has to be mounted to the soffit/wall/pole or whatever first, then you attach the camera base w/o the camera ball turret, then you attach the camera to the base and aim/align.

Not all that convenient, though not terribly complicated however without instructions I had to work through it. In the end I feel it makes the cameras a little more secure and definitely more weatherproof.
Some of the turret cam models have recently had a design change. I suspect it is only a matter of time before the other similar turret models incorporate the same design