IVS

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everbody.

I'm new here but I'm trying to read alot to get informtion about cameras and nvr, not being native english speaker makes it sometimes hard to understand all the technical stuff here though.

I have some questions, and more to come, about IVS.
I do searched the forum for answers but I'm still not sure how IVS is implemented, in software of the cameras or external software used by computers or NVRs.

First can IVS be built in a camera, working without any external hardware, like an NVR or a computer?

Meaning you can get email pushed by the camera when an alarm is triggered even though an NVR or a computer are not connected to the camera.

I see that motion detection on my camera working that way but I haven't got the IVS working the same way or not working at all.

Anyway, my conclusion is my camera doesn't have IVS built in, if that is possible, this is my camera:

Dahua H2.65 IPC-HDW4431C-A

Dahua H2.65 IPC HDW4431C A Built in MIC HD 4MP IR 30m network IP Camera security cctv Dome Camera Support POE HDW4431C A-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

It doesn't say anything about IVS but it says:

"Intelligent analysis

Support regional intrusion; mix-front invasion; legacy/disappearing scene change; audio anomaly detection; face detection; wander testing staff gathered; fast-moving vehicles detection and alarm, support multiple triggered joint action; support filtering"

I have tried to use external software to implement IVS, like smartPSS and NACL web plugin for Chrome but I haven't got it working. I don't have an NVR yet so I thought my laptop could work as an NVR with the right software, for the moment.

In smartPSS on my laptop I can draw lines and save it but nothing triggers it and it doesn't work.

In NACL web plugin no lines are drawn in the picture in any of the different IVS triggers.
ivs.PNG
Clicking "Draw Rule" nothing happens in the picture like it does in smartPSS, no lines are visible at all.

I also got a feeling that the NACL web plugin is superior the smartPSS software and overide it but that is just a feeling.

For example if I check the box, motion detection, (enable), in NACL web plugin, it works without the computer on, the camera push a picture to my email.

Using SmartPSS, adding a smart detection alarm, nothing happens if I haven't enabled motion detection it in NACL web plugin first, if doing that, I get alarm in smartPSS.

Now back to main question, have do I implement IVS, is my camera compatible with IVS, am I using the wrong software or will it work with a Dahua NVR, I don't get it. :)

Please help me understand.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IVS is implemented in the camera; it requires no NVR.. you have IVS, you just dont have it setup..

NACL Chrome App wont draw lines and SmartPSS 2.0 is broken w/this capability, you have to use the NPAPI Plugin w/IE or Safari at this point in time

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you nayr, it worked alot better with internet explorer but... :)
... I have two Dahua cameras, the same model:
Dahua H2.65 IPC-HDW4431C-A

These are bought at two different times and only one is working with ivs, the first one I bought on the 19th october 2016, this one doesn't work with ivs.
The other one I bought in the beginning of january 2017, that one is working with ivs.

Now when I checked both the Software Version and the WEB Version, they are not the same on both caneras.
The older one not working with ivs:
109 veranda_cr.png

And the newer one working with ivs:
108 toa_cr.png

I also noticed that the IVS menu on the cameras are different, more options on the newer one.

The older one:
109 veranda ivs.PNG

The newer one:
108 toa ivs.PNG

Could the software or the web version be the problem and is it possible to upgrade, if that would solve the problem and how do I do that?

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you mean that the camera is copy of a real Dahua model and it is not a proper Dahua, if that so, where do I buy the same model but an original one with english firmware.
Could you please give me a link.

All the cameras are bought from the same seller:
Store:Sincerity Trade co., LTD
Dahua H2.65 IPC HDW4431C A Built in MIC HD 4MP IR 30m network IP Camera security cctv Dome Camera Support POE HDW4431C A-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Anyway thanks for the answer I will try to upgrade to the modified firmware.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No its a real dahua, made by Dahua; its just a model thats only offered in the Chinese domestic market.. they are made with lower quality components and are cheap as dirt.. Unfortunately vendors buy these cheap ass cameras, hack them to english because no english firmware is offered, then sell them at a markup.

You can not buy that model at all with unmodified firmware in English... the closest comparable International model to that is the: IPC-HDW4431EM-AS

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Allright nayr I followed your link for the custom firmware by @cor35vet.
That thread is nine pages long right now and I'm struggling on number two right now, trying to understand.

I did download the firmware for my camera:
https://i.botox.bz/DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Eos_EngFraSpaRus_PN_Stream3_V2.420.0000.22.R.20161209.bin

Excuse me for being a newbie but I get confused by all talk about using telnet, which I never used,
"Dahua-Firmware-Mod-Kit" and so on...

Before I continue reading I just want to know, could it be so easy that the only thing I have to do is to reset my camera and upgrade with the new downloaded firmware by @cor35vet.

upgrade.PNG

If I'm wrong, would you consider it too difficult for a newbie to do the flashing of a new firmware.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah go to default tab, reset it to default then upload his firmware.. should work fine, ive applied it my self to a few china cameras I have.

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks a lot nayr, flashed in the new firmware successfully.
Looks a little bit different with the new NVS menus.

But I still haven't got the IVS to work, only tried the tripwire so far but no alarm or email.
bild.PNG
I think it must be something with the camera (hardware) and probably not the software.
But it's late now I will try it again tomorrow.

Once again, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer my questions.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its a configuration issue plain and simple; nothing in the hardware would prevent an email from going out or IVS from triggering.. its 100% software driven.

If it works on one camera and not the other; the problem likely exists between the keyboard and your chair.

Reaction score
its a configuration issue plain and simple; nothing in the hardware would prevent an email from going out or IVS from triggering.. its 100% software driven.

If it works on one camera and not the other; the problem likely exists between the keyboard and your chair.
Oh, aint that the truth. I've run into this scenario a few times myself, sadly.

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All right, we may agree on that the problem is behind the keyboard...
So let's help that poor bastard again :)

In the new firmware I didn't find the IVS mode Abandomed/Missing, I guess you can't get everything you want..
Though, that was one of the mode I got working with the other camera so it had to be nice to try it on the new flashed one.
spara.PNG

I did not found the Intrusion mode neither, which I also had managed to work with the other camera.
Maybe there are other firmwares with more IVS menus?

Anyway, maybe I haven't got the tripwire set up right yet, so please give me some more advice.
First there's a new menu called Smart Plan.

Smart plan.PNG

First, I tried both to enable IVS and not enable it but still no alarm from tripwire, only tried it twice yesterday night though.
What is that, should I enable it or not, the help file doesn't work when I press the question mark.

Second, I draw the tripwire lines after clicking "Draw Rule", and then I right click to get out from the drawing and I get a message " Drawing is complete".
But what is "Drawing Target", I don't use it but what is it for?
draw target.PNG

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, right after I posted that last post I went out in the day light and now I tripped the wire and I got an email with a photo of an ugly guy tripping the invisible wire.
20170211072626732ch01.jpg
I haven't changed any settings though mavbe it is the light?

Still I do miss some of the IVS menus that I had before, like "Intrusion" and "Abandomed/Missing", is it another firmware I can use to get those menus?
And what about Smart Plan and "Draw Target"?

Thanks guys.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
double click on 'tripwire' under rule type and select whatever you want, the newer firmware lets you run all of em at same time.. your old firmware you can only have one or the other.

its not been removed, its been improved.

IVS might be hit/miss on those 4MP Cameras in low light, they struggle tracking objects well enough in my experience.

neverever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello it's me again.

Everything is working perfect even in night time.
I get alarms when Tripwire is triggered by email and alarm alert in IE.
Right now I've set up three tripwires and named them.
trip.PNG

But the email and the alarm alert displays this:
"
&alarm_smtp.matter: &appEventCrossLineDetection&bkup_data.stop

&alarm_smtp.inchannel: 1

&alarm_smtp.stoptime: 11/02/2017 19:46:46

&alarm_smtp.devicename: (Deleted by me)

&com_str.alarminname:

&alarm_smtp.senderIP: 192.168.1.109 "

Is it possible to get the rule name of that special tripwire that was triggered.
It looks like the line "&com_str.alarminname: " could be what I'm looking for.
Maybe I should enable something somewhere to get the rule name in the alarm...or?