IVS triggering for some cameras

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We have been using Dahua N24BG52 starlights for a few of our last installations and we are noticing that IVS is working when lines are drawn. The camera is picking up motion and the lines are blinking red like normal, but the alerts are not triggering through Smart PSS or DSS. We have several locations where we have several of these cams installed and one or two will trigger the alert pop ups, and some will just flash red. I am pretty sure that the IVS configurations in the recorder are the same for all of the cameras and the configurations in Smart PSS are the same for all cameras. The firmware versions are the same on the cameras. The cameras are Dahua branded and the recorders are OEM from our local distributor here in FL with the latest firmware on them also. Any thoughts would be helpful as we have been over everything several times.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
IIRC, some cams needed me to surf to the cams to set up IVS rules, as versus using the NVR to set up the lines.
For my starlight, some IVS capability wasn't visible using the NVR. But using the cam's UI, I could see all the features.
My conclusion was the integration of newer cameras and their IVS capabilities into the NVR firmware may lag.
So you might try defining IVS rules on the cams, directly. Just a hunch.
Another idea: You didn't mention if the events were recorded, and visible in the Playback timeline. If the NVR flags the event on the playback timeline, then maybe the problem is with the alerts, eg: email or push notifications.
With each alarm event generating 3 emails, often one email won't go through. Including the most important email with the snapshot.
Good luck with troubleshooting!

Fastb

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm gonna try setting IVS up in the cameras rather than through the NVR. Also, we may have an issue with the 32 channel NVRs being a 4 series or 5 series, which only supports 1 IVS camera or 4 IVS cameras .We were buying from our OEM supplier and I think they were mixing up the models.