IVS to SD card not working

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Camera is a BF2120 (hybrid thermal) I can set up IVS and it triggers on screen from green to red etc. Schedule set but has no tickbox for IVS just General, Motion and Alarm, all ticked. No IVS recordings appear on the SD Card. Smart plan is set to IVS (Face detection also available but not selected) Firmware 2018 issue.
Firmware updated to latest which is a 2019 issue. No difference in schedules etc only Face Detection is removed. Still no IVS (orange) recorded to SD.
Set Event (motion detection) to record and it, Motion Detection, works perfectly except for the usual false alarms.
I've read what I can find here on the forum but only found a few threads with the same problem and no solution. In one or two threads the posters seemed to conclude that the yellow bars were IVS recordings.
Now with this camera I've successfully used the thermal camera motion detection to trigger itself and the combined Starlight camera while the Starlight motion detection is disabled. Probably better than IVS when detecting animals and humans but useless for objects that match the ambient surrounds. I do record full time too as best practice just in case.
I've had no problem setting up the same model camera IVS to NVR in the past but am stumped by the IVS to SD problem. Anyone else had similar problems?

Lanaii

n3wb
Reaction score
The Problem is, you can't record simultan MD and IVS.
  • Disable MD
  • Activate Smart Plan
  • Setup your IVS
  • In record Plan acivate Alarm event to record
This is how you can fix it

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lanaii I'm pretty sure I've tried that. I never use MD on any of my IVS cameras so went straight to IVS when I set it up I'll try again step by step, Thanks.

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, tried every iteration suggested here and elsewhere without success and can only conclude it's a firmware problem.

Lanaii

n3wb
Reaction score
It is not directly a Bug, as Audrius say, did your calender have the same colors?
I have a customer with a SD49425XB-HNR, and IVS+Auto Tracking are recorded on SD, also without IVS records in Plan