IVS & SFTP. Please help! Setup

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't get it to work, the connection is fine, the NAS (Synology) seems to be configured correctly (shared folder), and the NVR as well. What is happening?

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What configuration is missing? Is everything correct?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the problem you are having?

Your screenshots are correct for a certain scenario, but since you are asking, I am assuming it isn't working as intended?

If the IVS isn't working, you need to download that plugin from the camera. and then make sure you don't have a conflicting schedule on the IVS page.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, not real clear on what's not working.

One of the other things that's missing is the FTP setup to get them there if that's the problem. I don't know the Synology stuff well enough to help, but someone here may.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the problem you are having?

Your screenshots are correct for a certain scenario, but since you are asking, I am assuming it isn't working as intended?

If the IVS isn't working, you need to download that plugin from the camera. and then make sure you don't have a conflicting schedule on the IVS page.
The problem is that IVS is not working properly, previously it stopped working (send to email). I thought it was gmail problem, but I think it is NVR problem.

Exactly, what can I do? I don't think it's the ftp connection problem, I think it's the ivs + snapshots. It worked for me about 2 weeks perfectly (with sending to gmail) and suddenly, it didn't attach photos anymore, but the detection email did send alerts without attachments.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you're running high frames per second and high bit rates you may be overloading the processor in the camera. Something has to give and video artifacts can easily be produced under those circumstances. Without full information it's all just guess work.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're running high frames per second and high bit rates you may be overloading the processor in the camera. Something has to give and video artifacts can easily be produced under those circumstances. Without full information it's all just guess work.
6000 bitrate
20fps

NVR5208-8P-4KS2E

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As I mentioned, download the plugin so that you can see the image. I suspect something changed - you added a new camera and it overrode or deleted the the ability for your computer to see the image, so maybe (not for sure) but maybe that is why an attachement isn't added.

I have seen IVS not work properly if I log into a camera that was working properly and this install plugin pops up - even if I just did something like change the shutter speed, just the fact that I opened the camera gui and left it as no image being seen messed it up. As soon as I ran the plugin, all was good again.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As I mentioned, download the plugin so that you can see the image. I suspect something changed - you added a new camera and it overrode or deleted the the ability for your computer to see the image, so maybe (not for sure) but maybe that is why an attachement isn't added.

I have seen IVS not work properly if I log into a camera that was working properly and this install plugin pops up - even if I just did something like change the shutter speed, just the fact that I opened the camera gui and left it as no image being seen messed it up. As soon as I ran the plugin, all was good again.
Do you mean the plugin needed to view the cameras? It is true that from the ip of the nvr it works, from the ip of the camera the visualization does not work. I thought that this does not influence anything, I'll try and let you know!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, that is what I mean. It shouldn't impact it in theory, but I have noticed if I log in to the camera gui and that pop up is there, then the IVS quits working but it worked up to that point.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, that is what I mean. It shouldn't impact it in theory, but I have noticed if I log in to the camera gui and that pop up is there, then the IVS quits working but it worked up to that point.
I just tested, and it does not work by activating the plugin. I really think that IVS does work, because the notification emails arrive, what does not work are the snapshots (they are not attached) and therefore there is nothing to send via ftp.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there an SD card in the camera? Not sure based on your setup where the image should be residing.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there an SD card in the camera? Not sure based on your setup where the image should be residing.

I don't have sd on any camera. If you need any image of the configuration I have, let me know. The configuration in the cameras is default in terms of ftp, I tried to complete it and it does not connect (with the same data that I include in the ftp configuration in the nvr). I understand that it is the nvr that manages the snapshots and sends them via ftp (i.e. the cameras do not do any management).

The curious thing is that it has worked perfectly, and without modifying anything it stopped attaching the images. I restarted the nvr, without changes.

Peachs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I keep testing and can't seem to fix the problem. Can anyone figure out what is going on?